Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Jan 29, 2015 at 7:27 PM Post #196 of 247
I was able to convince Zombie to make the rest of those units he has supplies for. He will be shipping all of them to me and I will take the time to distribute them out to serious buyers. I warn you, however. Price for these units will remain the same, but people will have only 24 hours to pay once I give out my paypal info. I will keep you guys updated throughout the weekend, which is when Zombie is supposedly going to make them.

Edit: I will not be replying to PMs until I have them in hand, so please don't flood the inbox.

Being one of the numerous people showing interest in this adapter and having posted earlier in the thread, and of course having sent a PM as well (as per the instructions) I was hoping you might answer a few questions for me. Am I correctly understanding the situation when you are talking about the "rest of those units" that this isn't a reference to the 6 adapters that were ready to be shipped out, but due to nonpayment were unsold and in the process of being offered to those that sent him PMs correct? As in the ones you'll be in charge of distributing are additional units that he ordered parts for, past that initial 10? I only ask since if it was the 6, considering the amount of interest communicated by people in this thread and the limited nature of the supply, I wanted to adjust my expectations a bit. 

Also I have to admit that given the implied reasoning for Zombie_X's understandably lessened interest in offering this service, I can see the potential concerns in dealing with less publicly established people (the metric being post count in this case) in the community. That being the case, I wanted to throw out that I'm still very much interested in purchasing two units, and that I'd be more than happy to pay in advance as well (nice suggestion by Hyperion270) if that helps alleviate concerns.

Regardless of what happens, thank you for helping out Zombie_X, and thus getting the product into more people's hands.

Jan 29, 2015 at 7:42 PM Post #197 of 247
Just to clarify, MY THOUGHTS on post count do not necessarily reflect Zombie's thoughts.  That was an idea I threw out there, not him.  And I referring to the folks who got a loaner unit and then proceeded to STEAL it.  I think Zombie could be forgiven for not wanting to loan units out to folks who have low post counts after that.

As far as selling units (not loaning), money is money and post count shouldn't matter as long as the payment comes through.

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #198 of 247
I am only speaking of the units he currently has parts for on hand (approx. 6+). I am not Massdrop or anything such, so I will have to refer from taking advanced payments to avoid any issues should there be delays or inconveniences. I'm just doing this favor to get these units out to those who want them.

As for post count, that will not be an issue. I've sold numerous items in the classifieds to lurkers and newbies. As long as you have a verified PayPal account and respond to PMs within reasonable time, you will be fine to deal with.

I am guessing that whether Zombie continues to make these or not, will depend on how smooth this goes.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #199 of 247
Stillhart,

I certainly can respect, and appreciate the desire to clarify. It is a bit funny since my previous post initially had a bit more, specifically addressing your statement regarding the situation you're talking about (nothing negative mind you, just along the lines of why I could understand how it could potentially be of concern to some). But I opted to edit it out (prior to posting) since you already clarified via your interaction with spanish orange. And regarding you stating that it was regarding the initial "test phase" and the issues Zombie_X had then, as opposed to now, are completely understood (as per my first post in this thread). So we are both definitely on the same page :). Sorry if what I was referring to in my second post was a bit muddled and/or confusing. Some times I'm not the best at conveying what I'm thinking. Funny thing is, even as I'm typing this out, I fully realize that your post might have been more of a general clarification for anyone reading this thread, thus not even needing my response. But just in case etc. Text as a medium of communication makes me sad.

Change is Good,

Thank you for the response, and addressing my questions as well. The offer to pay in advance was thrown out there merely as an additional option for you or Zombie_X, should you guys prefer it (obviously based on your response, it's not a concern). Guess it was just me thinking along the lines of how during the test phase some units were "lost" and people became unresponsive etc, and then when the OP decided to try again after a hiatus he ran into a snag (those 6 unit we were talking about due to communication/payment factors). I'd imagine these series of events couldn't exactly be encouraging for the OP. Leading to my clumsy offer of prepayment in the hopes that it might lessen the stress of the seller. I do however, hope that this time around things go smoothly for him.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:47 PM Post #200 of 247
@Change is Good Just so I know how closely to watch this post, what is the plan for selling the remaining units?  I posted / IM'ed early on my interest for two units and that interest has not changed.  And as @ad idem suggested, I'm more than willing to put my $20 up in good faith ... whether it's this batch or a future batch.

And as this is a forum and you can't "see" me .... Just want to clarify that I'm really not trying to push.  Just showing my interest and support.  And not wanting to get lost in the shuffle either :D  Either way, I liked the testing unit I got to spend time with and appreciate what @Zombie_X and you have done.

Thanks!

Jan 30, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #201 of 247
Zombie underpriced himself for the quality of this adapter and cost of shipping.  When you making so little for the amount of work involved in making a quality product and shipping them and the issues of dealing with the forums and people in general it would be hard to stay motivated to provide this.

I want to thank Zombie for sending my adapter. He PM'd me with paypal a few weeks ago and I paid it immediately. He did mention he had a shipment of parts coming in from overseas so it would be a few days. Perfectly fine by me.

If he wants to sell these to make it easier on him a simply webpage with paypal payment would be easy, then you don't have to deal with the issues the forums cause.  Charge $14.99-17.99 +$6 shipping.  Then you don't deal with answering to the mad rush of peoples opinions on forums and issues. Straight order and pay and ship... Yes, the quality of the adapter is worth a slightly higher price plus shipping if it is something you really need... Or spend the time, money and resources figuring it out on your own..

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #202 of 247
I'm still here & have an interest in this adaptor ! Being overseas would/could rule me out...

I bought a ModMic & it's awful, wire too stiff, doesn't mount well ony AKG k712... Way over priced at £40 !

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:41 PM Post #203 of 247
I'm just waiting on Zombie to confirm when and exactly how many units he makes. I will let you guys know once I have something concrete.

Jan 30, 2015 at 10:03 PM Post #205 of 247
Send me a pm and I can forward anyone info of a guy that will build one for $25. I have been gaming with mine for about 2 weeks now, it's great.

Jan 30, 2015 at 11:02 PM Post #206 of 247
Would someone with one of these adapters mind posting photos of their AKGs with the adapter and mic attached?
Also if it's not proprietary, would Zombie / Change mind sharing what parts are needed to build one of these?Thanks much

Not the greatest shots, but here you go.

Jan 31, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #207 of 247
I received mine from Mimic and the quality is great. Granted its 25 dollars but I think 25 is well worth it for the convenience this adapter provides. Change is good I know you are not taking orders or whatever yet but I'd like to try one of Zombies as well just to try out both adaptors for comparison sake.. Would gladly pay 10 dollars if and when the adaptors are complete and ready for shipping.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #210 of 247
Count me out of an adaptor (not that I was in line anyway). I don't like a mic on the K712, its the sound isolation from the headphones I don't like over my old trusted PC360. I fpund it strange hearing my voice muffled where the PC360 let a lot of sound in externally, I find myself shouting with the mic + AKG lol... Sold my PC360 & now bought a G4ME one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back