Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Jan 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #170 of 247
Definitely interested in buying one, just bought an Akg K7XX and I don't want to have to run out and by a modmic.

If zombie doesn't respond, what connector do the AKGs use? Want to see if I can find one elsewhere.

Jan 27, 2015 at 3:10 PM Post #172 of 247
PM'd 

Xbox one with Astro mix amp pro, Astro xbox live controller cable, Microsoft chat/stereo adapter, Zombie adapter for my Q701's and I can finally call this project done.  

Microsoft really wants you to use their basic or Turtle Beach stuff....

Edit: Also thanks for making this for us.

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #173 of 247
Debating ModMic and Vmoda Boom Pro...

Would using an extra cable to split an XLR jack coming from a headphone into a headphone male and a microphone male create extra jitter/introduce extra noise? I need a mic installed onto my headphones and I was debating between the above (splitting a signal - aka extra set of cables) or just installing a non residue leaving mic mounting base for a mic on the mesh of the headphone...

Would you guys worry about this factor?

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #174 of 247
  Isn't there the issue of the extra cable introducing extra noise in audio? Also, between ModMic and Boom Pro which has better noise cancelling/SQ?

I haven't noticed any extra noise, but I haven't done any critical listening either.  For normal use, there's no perceptible difference in SQ.

I don't believe I have any friends with the ModMic that I can use to compare SQ, sorry.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #175 of 247
Fair warning to those who get responses from Zombie. Pay up when he sends you his PayPal info, that way your purchase is secure. He told me how some people backed out without responding once they received payment info. Shame, shame, shame, and very bad business. He is already doing the community a favor, and stunts like this is what drives him away from continuing his work.

I'll make sure to remind him to check his PMs when we play Dying Light later.

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #176 of 247
You guys playing dying light on ps4? If so I'll be on tonight with another psn buddy, gt bavinck

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #177 of 247
Fair warning to those who get responses from Zombie. Pay up when he sends you his PayPal info, that way your purchase is secure. He told me how some people backed out without responding once they received payment info. Shame, shame, shame, and very bad business. He is already doing the community a favor, and stunts like this is what drives him away from continuing his work.

I'll make sure to remind him to check his PMs when we play Dying Light later.

Wow, can't believe there's some shady people reading this thread...smh

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #178 of 247
Wow, can't believe there's some shady people reading this thread...smh

You should go back and look at the number of people requesting one with fewer than 10 posts...

Jan 27, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #179 of 247
I have only two posts, make that three now, but that does not make me any less legit, although I understand the skepticism... not a big forum guy, but I have been looking for a product like Zombies for several months

Jan 27, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #180 of 247
You should go back and look at the number of people requesting one with fewer than 10 posts...

Hmm didn't notice those people. Mainly because I'm on my phone using the mobile version of the site, which doesn't let me see the amount of post a person has done. I know I can see that on my PC or by clicking a person's name and see their profile.

Either way, people like zombie give up some of his time to make something for the community and we have people who want to get away with a 10 dollar adapter?

Its just 10 dollars! Don't eat 2 lunches for 2 days.

I guess maybe he hasn't replied to my PM lately since I bet there's quite a few shady people that have spammed his inbox. I will wait patiently until zombie contacts me. Hopefully he can continue making us some adapters :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back