Custom AKG V-Moda Boom Pro Adapter (Testers Wanted)
Dec 15, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #76 of 247
So who for sure has the prototype?

I have zero interest in this product as I don't plan to have these headphones, but if the person that has it is near me, I will gladly go to their house and get it.

Worst case there has to be a head-fier near them.

PM me their name address etc if you don't want to post here.

Dec 15, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #78 of 247
How coudl you forget something about that?

Smh

Next time, the people that should get the prototype, should be people that are mostly active on the forums or who have been with head fi for a while....

But oh well...hopefully he does reply

Dec 16, 2014 at 7:43 AM Post #80 of 247
Who does saphire121 need to send it to next?

Let's confirm they are a vouched and active member.  Let's also confirm how long they keep it before passing on to the next person.
2 weeks?

Dec 17, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #82 of 247
Is the akg a xlr connection? If so this is the adapter you need right here..

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002E53O2/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_s8pKub0JZ7Z10

It's a mini-XLR, which is not the same.

Dec 20, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #83 of 247
Hey all,

I guess I got some explaining to do. Without going into exact specifics, I left Head-Fi due to some altercations with some people from here, but outside of the site and via e-mail/phone. It wasn't anything dangerous or any such, but it's something that just gnaws at you and makes you want to just say "screw it all!". It got to the point where I didn't want to come back. But here I am several months later and I am back.

As far as the adapters are going, those plans have not been scrapped. I however am no longer am mailing them out for testing as several of them magically got "lost". Now here's where you guys are probably going to be happy, I am looking to make these go into mass production. This is just in planning and research, so it may not be a definite thing. I am looking for a manufacturer to make several hundred of these. The newer adapter would be much smaller and fashioned from anodized aluminum with custom fashioned internals (to minimize size).

I need help with this. If anyone has suggestions for a manufacturer, I will look into it further.

I will however still hand make these until further notice. Right now I used the last of my supplies on one for Change is Good. I will be ordering more parts at the end of the week when I get my paycheck. Can I get a count of hands who may be still interested? I can gauge how much to order then.

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #87 of 247
Still interested here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back