custom 3 cable life
Nov 28, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 38
I'm on my second pair of Custom 3s, because the first cord wore out. Klipsch replaced the earphones. But I'd like to know too what happens if it happens agian, without a warranty.

Dec 26, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 38
I have C3's too and they sound great I absolutely love them, but I too am concerned by how much these kink and the life span of the cable. The warranty expiration and potential cable problems are a concern. Mine are brand new and like I said I absolutely love these IEM's so I am hoping the cable does not turn out to be an issue.

Jan 13, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #5 of 38
My cables have kinked and are exposing the wire underneath, so it will probably also be a warranty repair/replacement.

This can't be cheap for Klipsch and I'm sure they'd change the design sooner rather than later.

With all that said, these are the best IEM's I've ever heard and I'll stick with Klipsch because I think this is an amazing product at its core.

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 38
x2 to all the KC3 lovers, and KC3 cable haters.
I wish it was the Klipsch Custom 3 phones with a westone or ultimate ears cable, and still the memory wire of the KC3. lol, that'd be SWEET.

Jan 19, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #8 of 38
my first pair shorted out a few months after I got them and my replacement pair has become really bothersome, after some months they have become stiff, and there are *6* places where the fabric has slpit open and wire underneath has risen to form a small loop forcing the cable to bend at a 90 degree angle. I've uploaded some pictures.

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00269.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

Jan 19, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #9 of 38
Oh well, I've been using mine for less than 2 weeks now and mine has the same problem with the cable. I love them to death, but I know for sure I'll have to send them in for warranty. If Klipsch don't change the cord design, it could be deal breaker for a lot of head-fier's.
btw, has anyone received the free gels? I registered my Custom3 2 weeks ago but still received nothing yet.

Jan 19, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #11 of 38
The cable on my C-3 is noticeably harder than the ones on my C-2 (which is very very soft). I alternate between my headphones depending on genre and whether I want to listen critically, so hopefully they last longer.

Jan 19, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 38
My cable had the same problem. Klipsch replaced the IEMs once. Now I keep them in a case and don't wrap them around the IPOD. I also haven't used them in a while since I got my W3.

Jan 20, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #13 of 38
How do you guys store your IEM cables, please post pics if you think bout it. It would be nice to see how folks are storing these. It conceivable that storing you player in the case with the cables may cause some of the kinking but I doubt it is responsible for all of it.

Jan 20, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #15 of 38
When not in use I store them in this nice large chocolate box we got during Christmas, sans the chocolates of course! There is plenty of room and I do not have to wind the cable up too much.

kc3.jpg

@TJmax, may I ask how does the C-3 sound with the Shure soft silicone tips when compared with the stock single tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back