Custom 3 : Am I Wearing These Right?
Nov 28, 2008 at 7:02 PM Post #16 of 30
I feel that the oval-shaped tips create a much better seal than the round tips I had with my senn cx400 before. It's really a YMMV thing
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope, I didn't get to audition them. I just bought them off the shelf from Spectra @ Park Square Makati. From the (relatively few) reviews that I've read about them, I knew I would be happy with my purchase.

Crap. You got them already? I bought the x10s from them last October and was saving up some cash to get the C3s.
beyersmile.png

It's too bad that Klipsch doesn't have an official store here yeah?

Dec 6, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #18 of 30
Yep, about a month ago.
biggrin.gif

Klipsch doesn't have an official store here, but I'm pretty sure they have a local distributor (the saleslady @ Spectra told me) that get their products on the shelves of local stores.

But so far, Spectra is the only store in the Metro i've visited that has the Klipsch IEM's in stock.

Dec 6, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, about a month ago.
biggrin.gif

Klipsch doesn't have an official store here, but I'm pretty sure they have a local distributor (the saleslady @ Spectra told me) that get their products on the shelves of local stores.

But so far, Spectra is the only store in the Metro i've visited that has the Klipsch IEM's in stock.

i saw 2 sellers of klipsch iem's in park square, spectra and the other 1 i think is mobile 1, the ones that sell skull candy & shure phones but i think its more expensive there. i also got the contact no. of the local distribtor for klipsch phones only they dont sell speakers. ill post it on monday when i get to manila

Dec 6, 2008 at 2:45 PM Post #21 of 30
Sure thing dude, that information would be very useful. Just in case my Custom 3's go awry within the warranty period, god forbid!

Also, it must be said that the shure olive foam tips are an essential upgrade to improve the isolation and seal. It may just be me, but the sound seems to have gotten better as well. I really think Klipsch should have included foam tips with the package in the first place.

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:32 AM Post #23 of 30
I just got mine. I will be writing a full review!!! Klipsch Custom 3's look pretty sick!!! I LIKE VERY MUCH.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:34 AM Post #24 of 30
I'm blown away. Its definetely the fit. because like all of you I thought at first whats going on? Then just before I put on a song I have listened to, and I was blown away with the sound stage. I just had the right seal, and I was blown away. I've been in music my entire life. I've always liked great speakers. But these have done a great job in crossover. I got to say. My dads etys are good, but these blow them away.

Dec 16, 2008 at 5:35 PM Post #26 of 30
Has anyone else noticed the microphonics on these headphones?

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:48 PM Post #27 of 30
Well the only thing that concerns me about the Custom series is the cord.
My first pair shorted out after a few months, and my second pair is now showing signs of decay. The fabric that surrounds the cord is separating and the wire underneath is exposed on 3 places on the cord.

I must make a request, to Klipsch. Amy? Prof. Thumb?
If there is ever to be a Custom 4, or perhaps a revision of the previous models. Please, please, please include replaceable cords on them! This should be a must for any earphone over $100. $300 is just too much to spend for a replacement set just because the cord wore out on the last one. I would not mind paying an additional $20-25 on an extra cord included in the box or from Klipsch's store. The IEMs are great, but there is little piece of mind about thier lifespan right now so please consider this.
Also can you consider foam and round shaped eartips just for the remainding %40 who have trouble finding the perfect fit with the oval shape.
Thanks

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #28 of 30
hey guys, im from the phils. too. im contemplating on getting this or the new apple in-ears
can anybody compare this to the ADDIEM
i want the remote/mic on the ADDIEM, but i think the klipsch will sound better
im coming from an altec im716 modded with the iphone headset cable with mic resistor in the phone housing, which i lost and the er6i which i also lost, sad, i was planning to mod the 6i
anyways, thanks for the help

Dec 25, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #29 of 30
I dont think a replaceable cable would be better then just getting a new cable, like westone's style. But a replaceable cable would help us by giving us more choices.

Jan 6, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #30 of 30
i use my custom-3's with ety triple flange silicons with the smallest bit cut off

none of the included silicon flanges fit me at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back