Custom 3.5mm to 3.5mm Cable For Headphones Questions!
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SkyBleu

Previously known as 2Curiosity9
Hello all,

I'm not too sure what the answer to my question is, as I have not heard much opinions on this topic.

Anyways, to the point now. I have a pair of V-Moda M-80's, that I really enjoy using. My question is, if I buy a custom made cable for it, will it even improve the sound quality at all?

I only ask this because as the signal in the cable reaches the headphones jack terminal, it is then entering the headphones stock internals, hence the signal is back to normal for the sound quality?

If anyone could brief me up on this, please do. Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #2 of 5
There are two distinct ways of thinking. One group swears there are sonic improvements, the other completely discounts that.

I believe with modern manufacturing you will not be able to discern and sonic changes in regard to cabling.

I recable occasionally. I do it to fix a connection issue or broken cable. More often to correct aesthetics.

I recommend you save your money and invest that to a better headphone (if you decide that route). That is guaranteed to give you sonic improvement.

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #3 of 5
I am well aware that I won't get MASSIVE differences, but I am, however, after the little changes in detail and warmth/depth etc.

Being a recabler, yourself, do you tend to notice the smallest difference in the audio?

I'm not quite sure if you know what I mean, but I'm just curious if I could tone a pair of headphones to go from a touch warm to a bit more neutral.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 5
I believe replacement cables can fix broken cables and bad solder joints. I know they can fix bad aesthetics and length discrepancies.

I do not believe they will change tonality. Put a different way, a cable should not alter a headphones sound. They are there as a connection.

If you are trying to tune your headphones via cable changes, I think that is a low yield (or non existent) endeavor.

I personally have not noticed any changes in recabling except for different length and improved aesthetics.

Jun 11, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I believe replacement cables can fix broken cables and bad solder joints. I know they can fix bad aesthetics and length discrepancies.

I do not believe they will change tonality. Put a different way, a cable should not alter a headphones sound. They are there as a connection.

If you are trying to tune your headphones via cable changes, I think that is a low yield (or non existent) endeavor.

I personally have not noticed any changes in recabling except for different length and improved aesthetics.

Ah, I see..

Thank you for your input. I'll keep that in mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back