Custom 1 VS image s2 VS im-590
Oct 20, 2009 at 4:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

muxenle

100+ Head-Fier
sorry for yet another help me choice thread... I'm more or less planing on going with the IM-590s, but I recently got recomned the image S4 which is every so slightly out of my price range(which is pretty much not fexible). So I was wondering if one either the S2 or the custom would also be a good choice for me.

music: lots of different varities of metal(from fast epic power metal, to slower prog, to meldoic death, metalcore, and some bands that seem to resist being put into on genere....) I also listen to a decent smattering of lots of other generes(classical, country, rock, celtic[also celtic(ish)metal], and several others)

PS- Amazon has the list price of the customs at 130 USD but are on "sale" for 50 USD atm

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:46 AM Post #2 of 3
Ah, I know what it's like to be on fixed budget. I bought the S4s and my previous IEMs (ADDIEMs) on a very fixed budget!

I've heard some not so nice things about the Custom 1s, and there are a few threads that you could probably find that aren't too complementary to the Custom 1s. The S2 are supposed to be great for the price, and I've heard nothing but good things about the iM-590s. They're always recommended in those "best bang for the buck" threads. You're probably better off with the S2 or iM-590.

Oct 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the custom 1 and the S2 and IMO the S2 is the better iem.
The custom 1 is tuned more towards the high freq. and is really good with stripped down acoustic or some classical but the S2 is much more of an all rounder and has a MUCH larger soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back