Curse you Monarch Computer!!!
Aug 8, 2006 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

PsychoZX

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a 400gb western digital drive from monarchcomputer.com and paid for 2 day shipping. Little did I know that they were going to take 4 days to ship it out to me. So I got the hard drive today and it is honestly the worst packing job of any hard drive I have bought online. It came in an antistatic bag and was wrapped in of sheet of bubble wrap. There was not even enough packing to prevent it from moving around inside the box. Not surprisingly the hard drive does not work. I hooked it up and got nothing except for clicking noises. Now I have to pay to ship it back to them.
mad.gif
I will never buy anything from them again.

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 41
Wow. They must have really gone downhill. I used to order from them and never had any problems.

I feel for you. Better just go an over to newegg right away next time. They aren't the cheapest, but you never have to worry about crap like this!

Aug 8, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #4 of 41
Hard drives are too buggy and faulty to even take the chance of not packing them safely. Unacceptable. I'de say give them a nasty call.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:00 PM Post #5 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Hard drives are too buggy and faulty to even take the chance of not packing them safely. Unacceptable. I'de say give them a nasty call.

I would but they are probably closed right now. I definatly will tommorow though.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #6 of 41
Huh...I was always very pleased with their packing, speed, and service...I hope in the course of 1-2 years they haven't fallen and that this is a fluke. Of course, that ResellerRating is all one needs to know...

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #8 of 41
I was reading up on reseller ratings and I see alot of people have had problems returning products due to them not buying their extended warranty. I also did not purchase the warranty. If they try to give me crap about it I will file a complaint with the BBB. For those who know the law, isn't it required by law that companies give 3 days to return a product for any reason and 30 days for defective goods?

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:28 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsychoZX
I would but they are probably closed right now. I definatly will tommorow though.

I wouldnt be nasty though, I would be nice and tell them the problem. If I was a service dude I would be nasty back and give you a hard time on returning the item. If you are nice they might pay shipping both ways.
wink.gif

Unless they are nasty first I would fire back.
tongue.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

I was reading up on reseller ratings and I see alot of people have had problems returning products due to them not buying their extended warranty. I also did not purchase the warranty. If they try to give me crap about it I will file a complaint with the BBB. For those who know the law, isn't it required by law that companies give 3 days to return a product for any reason and 30 days for defective goods?

If they don't take it back call your credit card company and contest the charge.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by nelamvr6
If they don't take it back call your credit card company and contest the charge.

I am unsure if I can do this as I purchased it with my debit card. I will check with my bank though.

Aug 8, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Monarch blows hardcore. Their returns are even worse, so get ready for a rollercoaster ride.

If they try to take me for a ride I hope they are prepared for the storm. I will give them as much bad press one person can posibly give a company. I think I'll start by complaining to the BBB, then my bank. Then I'll give them bad feedback on every ratings website I can find. Then I'll even go as far as to share my experience with every computer hardware forum I can find. If they don't handle my problem in a timely and professional maner then it will be like they kicked a hornet's nest.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer
Monarch blows hardcore. Their returns are even worse, so get ready for a rollercoaster ride. Never again for me, even if it did mean newegg-esque prices with no tax. Actually ZipZoomFly is now my favorite computer parts online store.

Exact same here! I had to wait almost a freaking month for my AM2 rig parts to arrive, and have been waiting well over a month for them to issue a credit card refund. They are also the only company I know of who charges your card the moment you submit your order, even if the parts are out of stock! Oh, and don't bother emailing them. They NEVER respond!! You have to call them up, and pray you get someone on the line who gives a damn. There is a good thread at the [H] filled with people who don't like Monarch: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1084065

I will never recommend them to anyone for any reason, all of my orders now come from ZZF.

Aug 9, 2006 at 12:07 AM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

It came in an antistatic bag and was wrapped in of sheet of bubble wrap. There was not even enough packing to prevent it from moving around inside the box.

Interesting...was that a Western Digital drive? I've bought a few WD drives lately (from a couple of different local retailers...not mail order) and they were all packaged exactly that same way. It appears to me that this may be how they're packaged directly from the manufacturer(!).

I'm not defending Monarch here...it sure wouldn't hurt to pack the drive a little better given the inadequate afterthought that is the manufacturer protection job...but I think maybe the manufacturer gets at least part of the blame here.

Peace,

Graz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back