Curse you iTunes/Amazon/Last.fm... and curse you Head-fi :) This is becoming a love/hate situation!
May 11, 2010 at 3:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

SimD

New Head-Fier
Hello everybody, my name is Sim and this is my story.

I am buying too much music, when I have too little money. Thanks to Last.fm, I am discovering SO MANY new artists that I really enjoy. I then check out iTunes to get a feel for their other songs.. Next stop after iTunes, Amazon.ca with my credit card or the local music store with as much change I can find lying around my house...

Being a college student and having a limited income, I set aside money every month for about 2-3 albums.. Well that hasn't worked too well. I usually end up coming home from the store with 7 or 8 of them :)

I may be broke now, but at least I am happily broke! Oh what would life be without music.

Share your music stories! Maybe we can be broke together :)

May 12, 2010 at 1:47 AM Post #2 of 5
I usually go on new music binges every once in a while and when I go to my favorite record shop I usually buy alot on impulse. The most music I bought at once was 12 cd's .     

May 12, 2010 at 7:12 AM Post #4 of 5
go to a used cd store, it helps quite a bit. I usually leave with a bag full since the place I go to is about an hour drive from my house. www.Prex.com

I used to buy a handful of cds from retail stores and feel sore about the $100 I'd spend on 6 or so cds. Now I walk away with over 30 cds and lps and feel damn good about the $100 I just spent. Plus digging through thousands of cds and lps is a very nice fun way to spend the afternoon.

May 12, 2010 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 5
I tend to do most of my shopping online.  Sometimes from amazon, but usually amazon sellers because amazon can charge too much.. The majority of the albums I've purchased in the last year or two have been from tympanik audio.  Sometimes I'll import direct from labels/shops like equilibrium music or sending orbs or ant-zen or a handful of others, but that's too expensive.  I used to buy from webshops like ominous drone and the like but a lot of them have shut down :/  Tympanik is my new favorite though because they import a lot of things from labels I like and don't rip you off like amazon does.  They also have a lot of good artists on their roster as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back