Curse you head-fi! (yes, wallet related!)
Jan 16, 2004 at 1:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

DJ Fusion

Head-Fier
So I ordered a Zen Xtra just before christmas and I decided I'd find a headphone forum to read some peoples thoughts on its build and sound quality while I waited for it.

Enter head-fi.org stage left.

Since then I've purchased a pair of Grado SR60s for home, a pair of Koss KSC-35s for portable use and I've requested a META42 Mint amp with a silver interconnect from JMT all before my Zen has even arrived..!!

This is all upgrading from my Sony MZR-700 minidiscman with stock earbuds. I actually bought some MDR-V250 headphones a while back and I thought the crap sound and tight-fit were par for the course in the headphone world, so much so that I prefer to use the buds!

I am SO looking forward to my stuff arriving and noticing an improvement on my existing cans (but ouch my wallet sure smarts!) and a head-fi n00bie impressions and comparisons thread will no doubt emerge from all of my testing of this new gear.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks head-fi'ers!

Jan 16, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #2 of 16
Consider yourself lucky. You have the funds to afford such a rig. ENJOY!!! <see my sig> send me free stuff!!

Jan 16, 2004 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by DJ Fusion
Hey no way, its true that ignorance IS bliss..!!
biggrin.gif

Oh the perils of great cans... just wait till you start realizing that some of your mp3s may be ripped poorly, but you never noticed with substandard listening equipment.
frown.gif
I experienced this when I first purchased a pair of HD280's. Definately sooner than later I am planning to purchase a pair of HD580's *sigh* I fear for the well being of my wallet AFTER they get here (headphone amp anyone?? hehe), as if it's not suffering already.
wink.gif

Don't get me wrong though it's all worth it thats for sure!

Jan 17, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #8 of 16
i was looking into a decent headphone, expecting no more than $15, that is when i heard the name sennheiser and saw the px100.......... then i came here, and for the past 6months i used 10 different headphones, none nowhere near the price of $15.

Feb 5, 2004 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 16
Well I can add a Sony D-33 PCDP to that list now.

I noticed one of the ladies at work using an old boxy Sony discman case with a new modern discman, I asked her about it, turns out she has had her D-33 in the cupboard and she gave it to me for free!

Also, I expected the KSC-35 s to be my portable headphones, but I far prefer their sound to my SR-60s!

Weird! Mind you, I only got my meta42 yesterday and forgot to take home a 9V battery so I havent tried them amped yet and I've only used them with my underpowered modern Sony DEJ discman.

I came here to get people thoughts on my MP3 player and I left with a truckload of amps, heaphones and cables.
280smile.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 3:43 AM Post #10 of 16
I came here to get a better headphone than my sony mdr-v300s because even then I knew they were bad. Then I got the Eggos, then the Shures, then the Tivoli Model 2, then the Denon, then the D-465, and now the NJB3. Oy...

Feb 7, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #11 of 16
I don't even remember why I came to this site the first time. I think it was an accident, a very expensive accident. Since that time I have had E2c's which I sold and bought E3c's. I also bought a pair of px200's and Alessandro MS2's. To power them I purchased a total airhead and headsave ultra. Oh, and I am awaiting a Vintage Marantz 2220 from ebay. I am not even sure what I am doing with it yet. When will it end, ahhhhhhhhhh...

Feb 9, 2004 at 1:27 AM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

An $8000 camera? Before extras? I'd be scared to take it out of the house.

You can bet that if we get a camera in that price range we'll get some serious insurance on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back