Curse You Fry’s!!!
Apr 15, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you notice that those E4Cs were E4C-B? B-stock is likely returned goods (especially at Frys!) or "refurbished" even though I don't know how anyone would refurbish something that small.

Buyer beware!

I noticed that--thought it meant "black."
etysmile.gif

Perhaps "refurbish" in this context is to remove dried ear wax. (eww)

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:23 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice. Hope you're enjoying the Shures and Welcome to Head-fi!

At first i thought Professor Farnsworth posted this thread, cursing Fry for his mistakes.
etysmile.gif

etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif
etysmile.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 4:55 PM Post #18 of 29
Curse you Fry's and curse you OP. I ended up buying the e500 after reading your post.

Fry's is clearancing out all the old Shure E series to make room for the new SE line. All the product is new and sealed in the box. The pricing is good for all Fry's stores, if they have any in stock. I had them look it up and one of the Dallas stores has 6 e500's in stock.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My second post. I’ve been lurking for a few months now and I simply cannot contain myself any longer.

That said, life, the universe and everything threw me a rather nasty curve last autumn when a Fry’s Electronics store opened up a quarter-mile from where I live. For you see, I am compelled to visit there a couple times a week, both on my way home from work and—I admit it—I’ve stopped there in the morning for coffee. And yes, money was spent. Sometimes spent well, sometimes not. I regularly purchase many Cocoa Pete’s MaltImus MaxImus Chocolate Bars displayed their “Isle of Impulse” on the way to the cash registers. I also drool over the Hakko soldering stations and the oscilloscopes (although I have no idea how to use one—err, the oscilloscope).

But I digress…after all this is a headphone forum!

My point?

March 5, this year I purchased a Shure E500PTH for $399.00US. (Yes I know I can get it cheaper on eBay. You may consider this an example of money not-so-well-spent. But it was an impulse purchase. I love them. Life is short, blah blah.)

Last week, I did not attend to my Fry’s compulsion—first time in a while. Today I’m wandering through their isles when I see the following:

04-14-07_2023.jpg

Must I complete the picture for you? Do you not see: I missed the price guarantee window! They had none left in stock. (And of course it’s a terrible picture! I could barely hold the camera phone still. The rage! The torment! The angst!)

However, they did have about six E4c units in-stock priced at $153US, which seems to me to be a decent on-line price.

04-14-07_2025.jpg

Perhaps some may find this information useful. Perhaps there’s a Fry’s Electronics store nearby where you can purchase the E500 or the E4c at these prices. But if you do, and if you go there, I do hope you are made of sterner stuff than I. Be forewarned!

BTW, their coffee ain’t bad.

-m

I gotta thank you for posting this. I saw this post, called Fry's, had them do a search for surrounding stores with stock on hand, and ended up getting the last one in a store fairly close to me. So far they are very nice, especially out of an iPod line out and my Hornet.

Apr 18, 2007 at 3:34 AM Post #20 of 29
Their website has the e4g for $153.55. Unfortunately no e500 for $255.95.
frown.gif
That would have been 1/2 MSRP!
eek.gif

I was really holding out for the e500, but the e4 at this price is very tempting....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Their website has the e4g for $153.55. Unfortunately no e500 for $255.95.
frown.gif
That would have been 1/2 MSRP!
eek.gif

I was really holding out for the e500, but the e4 at this price is very tempting....
very_evil_smiley.gif

I ordered the e4g Sunday and got it today (ground shipping). There are no Fry's around here (Baltimore). Terrific deal !!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #22 of 29
Thanks for the tip.

Went to Fry's yesterday, didn't see any E500PTU's at first, but i asked them to check the inventory. And they had 5 at the Anaheim store. $255 was the price i paid. Sounds amazing, better than my ETY ER4P's that I had.

Looks like fry's has SE210 and SE310's in stock. The SE310's were 249.00, a ripoff compared to the E500PTU.

Scott.

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:11 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I gotta thank you for posting this. I saw this post, called Fry's, had them do a search for surrounding stores with stock on hand, and ended up getting the last one in a store fairly close to me. So far they are very nice, especially out of an iPod line out and my Hornet.

My pleasure sir!
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by minidiscs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip.

Went to Fry's yesterday, didn't see any E500PTU's at first, but i asked them to check the inventory. And they had 5 at the Anaheim store. $255 was the price i paid. Sounds amazing, better than my ETY ER4P's that I had.

Looks like fry's has SE210 and SE310's in stock. The SE310's were 249.00, a ripoff compared to the E500PTU.

Scott.

Cool! I love mine and $255 is a steal.
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, why don't they have the e500 online?
frown.gif

Perhaps a haiku might help:

the e-500s
can't be grokked virtually
get a hard copy

EDIT: Okay, that was horrible.
cool.gif

Apr 21, 2007 at 8:50 AM Post #28 of 29
I am absolutely loving the E-500. I'd almost given up on IEMs as I had Ety ER-4P and disliked them a lot.

For anyone interested (their search area can be pretty wide), call a local Fry's and if they don't have them have them do a search of inventory for other Frys.

Good luck & happy hunting.

Apr 21, 2007 at 9:46 PM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am absolutely loving the E-500. I'd almost given up on IEMs as I had Ety ER-4P and disliked them a lot.

For anyone interested (their search area can be pretty wide), call a local Fry's and if they don't have them have them do a search of inventory for other Frys.

Good luck & happy hunting.

And don't put it off!
eek.gif
This morning the Fry's sales guy in the Alpharetta store told me that someone bought several (> 5) sets of the e4c and then went to the Deluth store and bought the three remaining e500s. (I was thinking about getting another e500 for backup.)

The e4c are still available though; but the e5c are still tagged at 499.00.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back