Curse Sony!!!
May 17, 2007 at 3:31 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5
PS3 has shown to be the most robust current-gen console so far, with XBOX360 failing in that regard.

Where did you get this from?

May 17, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #17 of 21
Just visit any online forum.

Nintendo has very buggy Wiimotes, and the GPU can overheat while on standby mode.

XBOX360 has been the worse so far, with a large amount of people reporting the 3 rings of death syndrome.

PS3 has encountered nothing major so far, other than the very occasional defective hardware. This is somewhat surprising since the PS2 had a huge flaw regarding it's DVD-Drive that misaligned very easily. When looking at hardware comparisons done between the 360 and PS3, most of the PS3 parts are 1-2 times the price of the 360 components. Microsoft hasn't really found the balance between cost-effectiveness and quality control.

That's not to say Sony is without flaw, as the whole thing that Blu-Ray won't scale from 1080p to 720p is a pretty huge flaw in my books. But oh well, it means I'll have to get a 1080p at some point rather than a 720p. Sony should have at least included a downscaler there.

May 17, 2007 at 3:38 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurado /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's probably purely anecdotal, since statistics haven't been released. But I've never heard of people having to replace their PS3s a couple of times, unlike the first batch of XBOX 360s. As for the most recent batch of Xbox360s, I have no clue.

May 17, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of GH2....anyone else out there on HFI better than me? 62/64 5* on Expert.

frown.gif
54/64 5* here. Only beat Jordan once on Expert. -__-

May 17, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5
PS3 has shown to be the most robust current-gen console so far, with XBOX360 failing in that regard.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurado

I assumed he was talking about size and heat output. From what I observed they certainly aren't selling the ugly beasts... or for that matter making games for it
rolleyes.gif

(Just to be clear, I have always been a Sony PS fan - but I think I'm going to hang out with my PS2 untill the console war settles down)

May 17, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #21 of 21
Not that bad to hang with the PS2, as it's a great system.

They are coming with games on par with the Wii right now, but that will all change once Ninja Gaiden Sigma comes out
biggrin.gif

Check the line-up of games coming out this summer/fall though. It's gonne be killer. Can't wait till MGS4.

Oh and the PS3 is doing much better than most people think. It's dominating the X360 in Japan and in Europe. Only in NA is the X360 doing better, but that is expected since it has been out longer and currently has better titles. The PS3 will surpass the X360 in overall worldwide sales before the end of the year I predict.

Oh, and the PS3 is not ugly! It's the sexiest looking system out of the 3 easily, while the X360 looks terrible. PS3 is also the best bang-for-buck in terms of hardware capability. The X360 only costs around $350 to manufacture, while the PS3 is still over $800. That will certainly come down when Cell and Blu-Ray become cheaper, but the overall quality of the parts is astounding.

I think the main problem with the PS3, is that it came out too soon. Sure, they couldn't afford to wait any longer, but they released developer kits far too late and made them far too expensive to expect any good games for a while. Sony also had a lot of bad rep due to Ken's ****y attitude at gaming conferences. Once Sony does a bit of damage control, they should be back on their feet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back