Curse Sony!!!
May 16, 2007 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ex0du5

500+ Head-Fier
Bah! I was all hyped up about getting MS-Pro this summer! Now I find out that Sony is soon going to stop production of the PS3 with the EE (for PS2 compatibility) and are going to go the software route like in Europe.

Sadly, since I own 40 PS2 games, compatibility is extremely important to me, and I will have to pick up a PS3 before they stop producing them with the Emotion Engine.

I guess I'll get the MS-Pro next work term
frown.gif
(not until past Christmas!
frown.gif
)

May 16, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #3 of 21
The PS2 will eventually die out. The PS3 will outlive the PS2, so compatibility will be important for me. I could maybe get some cheaper MS2i used or something for the time being.

May 16, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #4 of 21
I still have the first gen. (the one you flip 180 degrees) Playstation 1 that still works...

May 17, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurado /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still have the first gen. (the one you flip 180 degrees) Playstation 1 that still works...

wow that brings back memories... I burned out 2 PSones before they released the update...

I don't get a chance to play videogames that much anymore.
frown.gif

May 17, 2007 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 21
how about this....sell the 40 games and the ps2, then buy an xbox 360 with gears of war. i've been playing gears of war constantly since it first came out. it's the most addictive game i've ever played.

oh, and where did you get this news of sony stopping ps3 w/EE production? what do you mean they're going the software route? like sega?

May 17, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ex0du5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The PS2 will eventually die out. The PS3 will outlive the PS2, so compatibility will be important for me. I could maybe get some cheaper MS2i used or something for the time being.

...but the ps3 with EE will also die out shortly, probably before the ps2... what you are saying doesn't make much sense at all? If you are concerned/don't have a ps2 currently, they're like 130$... I dont see the problem...

jesse

May 17, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by jesse_w /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but the ps3 with EE will also die out shortly, probably before the ps2... what you are saying doesn't make much sense at all? If you are concerned/don't have a ps2 currently, they're like 130$... I dont see the problem...jesse

If you had read the OP, you would've known he is going to buy the PS3 with EE now instead of the Alessandro MS Pro he was planning on getting.

Though I do agree he should get a new PS2 instead. Plus, the PS2 is actually still outselling the PS3.
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #11 of 21
Why would the PS3 with EE die out shortly? PS3 has shown to be the most robust current-gen console so far, with XBOX360 failing in that regard.

*edit: And the quality is just fine. Sony fixed the bugs associate with the EE quality last year with firmware update 1.5. The only thing to expect now is added enhancements such as AA and Texture Filtering. And I'm not interested in buying another PS2. I much prefer having an integrated unit that will be able to play all my games at increased resolutions over the PS2 (in the future).

Oh and about the XBOX360, I'm not interested. The only interesting games that aren't FPS are Blue Dragon and Lost Odysee. And I would never give up my PS2 collection, I absolutely love my games. I'm mostly a japanophile when it comes to games though, as I find many American developers just can't cut it. My best North American games are Jak 3, Ratchet & Clank (series), and Guitar Hero 2 (love love love!).

I prefer the vastly more flexible PS3 (in terms of OS support, multimedia, USB peripherals, etc.) But the main thing is, the games I love are on there. FF13, DMC4, GOW2, MGS4, White Knight Story, Lair, Littlebigplanet. I'll stick to FPS on my PC
wink.gif

Speaking of GH2....anyone else out there on HFI better than me? 62/64 5* on Expert.

May 17, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Why would the PS3 with EE die out shortly? PS3 has shown to be the most robust current-gen console so far, with XBOX360 failing in that regard.

but if what you said is correct, that they're going to stop producing the ps3 WITH EE, the ps3 WITH EE will dissappear before the ps2. (I see now I misread what you meant by "die out"). And if you're otherwise not in a rush to get a ps3, why bother? Get a ps2 instead and get your ms-pros, get a ps3 later when price comes down and there are good games for it :p

jesse

edit:
Quote:

Speaking of GH2....anyone else out there on HFI better than me? 62/64 5* on Expert.

If you want something challenging you should play beatmania instead :3

May 17, 2007 at 3:14 AM Post #13 of 21
I HAVE A PS2! -_-

The point is, I want to pick up a PS3 that has the EE before they stop making them.

And plus I was really excited about playing Ninja Gaiden this summer anyways. I had just decided to wait on the PS3 and get some MS-Pro instead, but now this has made me reconsider.

May 17, 2007 at 3:18 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanhayn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh, and where did you get this news of sony stopping ps3 w/EE production? what do you mean they're going the software route? like sega?

No, its that the later PS3's won't have EE chips in them for PS2 games and will instead go with software emulation. This means less compatibility. Just look at the European PS3 compatibility list compared to the NA and Japan lists.

I agree, get a PS3, you can always get headphones later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back