Currently can't enjoy music with headphones....
Dec 15, 2010 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vikingatheart

500+ Head-Fier
I suddenly came down with a pretty vicious cold. My nasal congestion is so bad, my right ear feels like someone is shoving their fist down it. I can't hear out of it for crap, and now my music sounds all wonky. When I put on headphones, it sounds like the bass is only coming from the left side, and the only thing I can really hear from the right is treble, and its really quiet. Has this happened to anyone else?

I am just glad me ears don't hurt. I don't want an ear infection!

Dec 15, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
I suddenly came down with a pretty vicious cold. My nasal congestion is so bad, my right ear feels like someone is shoving their fist down it. I can't hear out of it for crap, and now my music sounds all wonky. When I put on headphones, it sounds like the bass is only coming from the left side, and the only thing I can really hear from the right is treble, and its really quiet. Has this happened to anyone else?

yup, my ears have been like that for a week or two. I was pretty sick though.

Dec 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 5

Quote:
Quote:

yup, my ears have been like that for a week or two. I was pretty sick though.

Arghh! I really hate this. I love to sit back and relax with some tunes when I'm sick, but it sounds so weird. 
frown.gif

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #4 of 5
Blow your nose real hard to purge them. Although when I get a cold I just start the little PC speakers and forget about sound quality. Oh no, wait: I haven't had a cold in a long time now, the last time I had something serious was before this entire pseudoaudiophilia.
That said... I put on the speakers when I can't really concentrate but want a little bit of ambiance.

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Blow your nose real hard to purge them. Although when I get a cold I just start the little PC speakers and forget about sound quality. Oh no, wait: I haven't had a cold in a long time now, the last time I had something serious was before this entire pseudoaudiophilia.
That said... I put on the speakers when I can't really concentrate but want a little bit of ambiance.

I do have decent speakers that came with my Sony Micro HiFi System thingy. The only problem is, my right ear is soooo clogged, that I can even notice this awkward volume difference while someone is talking to me. 

Also, I have tried to blow my nose and to pop my ears, and it works for about 5-10 seconds and then they fill in again. Bummer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back