Current TF10 Owners, Having fitting problems/Cable Problems?
Dec 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Stay808

Head-Fier
So I was wondering if anyone who owns the TF10's having cable or fitting issues? Your two cents on the subject is much appreciated, even a yes or a no would be nice.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #2 of 9
My fitting problem was solved with the back flip mode and the fake Sony Hybrid earbud tips, for the cable I all ready used 4 in less than two years of daily use, this is my issue with this IEM, but the sound is amazing.

Dec 8, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #3 of 9
They don't hurt my ears for extended listening anymore with the medium silicone tips that come on them, my ears have adjusted to them nicely, wearing them the normal way BUT... The cable hurts my ears after extended periods. Not really a big problem, the IE8 cable bothers my ears after long periods and I think thats a god tier cable in terms of what comes stock on universal IEMs. Extremely flexible and what not, reinforced kevlar, smooth, my ears still don't like over the ear but I've been forcing myself to wear them over the ear. The IE8s soundstage is more open and airy like that and the TF10s just sound like a different IEM. I'm still going to upgrade the cable though, it's bunches up too much, it's not very free flowing. The memory wire for the ears is a good concept, I actually do like this about them, but, the material overall is not. I'm glad my ears take these beauties well, I don't find them heavy at all. I was actually able to work out with them at school in the weight room doing various exercises and I have, just for fun I've swung my head around widely and they wouldn't break seal. I'm quiet pleased with this although I won't rule out customs for the extra comfort factor and the improved mids based on what people are saying. 

Dec 8, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #4 of 9
I have trouble with fit in all my iem's due to the compound problem of having both small and mismatched ear canals. Only tip that fits so far are the XS monster supergels, and even then they have a tendency to lose seal in my smaller ear. That and the reportedly better midrange are the reasons I'm looking into a reshell for my tf10's.

And I hate the stock cable also.

Dec 8, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #6 of 9
Cable's terrible, but the fit is fine (either S Sony Hybirds or XS Monster Gels). Sounds terrific though, so it's worth the cable hassle.

Dec 9, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 9
The fit is OK, not great, but not horrible.

Cable is complete crap though, worst I have ever used. The plastic sleeving around the left earpiece already came apart after 2 days. Good thing I have a custom cable on the way!

Dec 9, 2011 at 2:20 AM Post #9 of 9
I would suggest purchasing some after market ear tips if the included tips aren't working. The few bucks you'll spend will be worth it when you have that glorious sound pouring into your ears. If you have a few bucks to speare, spring for a custom wire. As for myself, i found the fitting quite difficult due to their larger size. Unlike my Super.fi 3's, these would constantly slip out, and like everyone knows...fitting is everything with IEM's. I eventually settled to using the comply foam tips for a while, and only using them inside where there is very little movement. I upgraded the cable not because it bothered me, but because i wanted to improve the recessed mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back