Current Quality Status Of Apple iTunes/Music?
Oct 1, 2018 at 3:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zorlac

500+ Head-Fier
I searched without luck, so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question...

1. What is the file type, sample rate, bit depth, etc., of Apple iTunes music purchased downloads currently? Are we at CD quality 16-bit / 44.1kHz yet? If not, then has there been any rumors of if/when Apple will get us there?

2. Above, except for Apple Music streaming?

Oct 3, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #3 of 5
Jeff, I rewatched the video and allowed it to auto play to the next video which was your eGPU/1080ti video where you booted into Bootcamp and used the card with Windows. In Windows the performance penalty of the card with the internal display seemed nominal. Is it because of the differences between the way Windows and MacOS handle driving the internal display? Bluestacks TextNow VPN

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 5
IMO: Overall and not just sound quality from best to worst:

Apple Music > Tidal HiFi/Master > Deezer HiFi > Spotify

Oct 4, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 5
I searched without luck, so I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question...

1. What is the file type, sample rate, bit depth, etc., of Apple iTunes music purchased downloads currently? Are we at CD quality 16-bit / 44.1kHz yet? If not, then has there been any rumors of if/when Apple will get us there?

2. Above, except for Apple Music streaming?
I think it’s a good question. Naxos Online, offered by The Toronto Public Library, offers 2 settings - high or low. Okayyyyyyy. Sigh.:ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back