Current opinions on the Panasonic HTF600E-S Headphones?
Dec 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

djglenn

New Head-Fier
I have been looking a decent set of cans to use on my PC for Gaming & Music, however have researched myself to a point where I am not buying anything (was going to buy the Denon A2000, but cant justify the price).

I stumbled across a set of the Panasonic Headphones for £30($45), and am wondering for a non audiophile if they are a good buy?

I mostly will use these: 60% Gaming, 30% Music, 10% Movies

I like Velor pads so was going to try the mod shown in the review using the Beyer pads

Dec 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 7
They are pretty bass-heavy, so if you don't like lots of bass, you should probably stay away.  For the price though, there isn't much that can beat them.

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #3 of 7
Get the panasonic hft 600 s you won't be disappointed for a first time non audiophile.

You can get your self a cheap amp dac prehaps or just the amp.

For the money they are hard to beat and are often compared with mid tier but then this headphone is a fun headphone.

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:43 PM Post #4 of 7
There's only a few members pushing these, stick around head-fi for a while and you'll begin to see the FOTM pattern which usually centers around a few zealots calling a product the greatest thing since sliced bread and a few new member getting roped in to the hype. Most of these tend to be prospective "giant killers" that are supposed to sound much better than their price would indicate. Often they do, but these are usually from East Asian start ups, who are undercutting the established manufacturers (i.e. Vsonic, superlux, Meelec, Dunu, etc)

I'm of the opinion that the Sony MDR-V6 is probably all 90% of the population will ever want/need. They're not much more expensive and have a very well established reputation for quality and durability (and you can stick velour pads on them).

But don't take my word for it:

post #5 of 7
7/21/01

1. jude
  2. badge_administrator.v1305918899.png
  4. offline
  1. 9,623 Posts. Joined 6/2001
  2. Location: Metro Detroit Area

I've owned the SR-80's (I've since sold them, regrettably). I also own both the V6's and the 7506's (yes, they are the same -- save yourself the $20.00 if you can find the V6's -- try DJMart.com).

If I had to keep one, which would I keep? Tough call. Probably the V6's (I think Apheared has just been personally offended, and will likely never talk to me again
wink.gif
). But it is a very tough call. Neil (my brother and Head-Fi) member still has his SR-80's, and, man, when I listen to them, I do miss the Grado sound sometimes. But there's just something about the V6's (with the Beyer pads especially) that is just so compatible with my ears. I use them about as much as my Sennheiser HD-600's (which I also totally dig). I think I'm one of the V6's more ardent fans in this big ol' headphone community of ours. I've owned a pair for the better part of 16 years (though Neil broke my first pair).
Quote:
I have been looking a decent set of cans to use on my PC for Gaming & Music, however have researched myself to a point where I am not buying anything (was going to buy the Denon A2000, but cant justify the price).

I stumbled across a set of the Panasonic Headphones for £30($45), and am wondering for a non audiophile if they are a good buy?

I mostly will use these: 60% Gaming, 30% Music, 10% Movies

I like Velor pads so was going to try the mod shown in the review using the Beyer pads

Dec 3, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #5 of 7
The HTF600s have a nice musical tone for the price, but lack articulation. They're not giant killers, but they are very bassy and enjoyable. Personally, if I had to give a suggestion in that price range, I'd grab one of the Superluxes like the HD681.

Dec 27, 2011 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 7
I almost got the Superlux but went with the HTF600, I'm looking for powerful sounding bass on a 30 or so dollar budget.
Hopefully they wont lack to much detail.
I hope they can somewhat compare to my Sennheiser 428's that broke.
I'll be using them for guitar as well with the Zoom H4n and I know for this a neutral can would be optimal, but I was kinda looking for a fun headphone leaning towards base for watching music on youtube
Hopefully I wont be to dissapointed because I am broke.SUBMIT

Dec 29, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 7
I have the mdr-7506 and the panasonic htf600 as well. The 7506 is more analitical and the htf600 is more of a fun sound. I enjoy both tremendously, you can't ask for better sound on a 30 dollar phone. Aside from the hype, these are very enjoyable cans, just don't get them thinking they will be superior to other more expensive headphones like beyers or sennheisers higher offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back