Current Market PCDP King
Sep 17, 2005 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
Which brand/Model portable cd player that is currently available new sounds best. Something with a decent headphone out but more importantly a very good line out. and good battery life a plus too

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 6
SONY PCDP!!! hehehe I'm not meaning to bash on sonys but the fact is that i've had 5 sony portables before and they didn't take too long before they started skipping. Ive had one panasonic player and its tough... still going after 7 years of use and it plays all my cds fine. all pc compilations and all
icon10.gif
Hows this sony in the reliability department? Is it built like a tank? Hows the battery life?

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 6
You know I have a panasonic sl-s241c pcdp & I've had it for 9yrs & it still keeps on going. I have no idea how it compares to others sound wise though b/c I've never gotten another! It has a line out, headphone out & a bass boost. Anybody know anything about this model & how it compares sound wise to other pcdp's? I only know its taken quite a beating & hasn't quit.

Sep 17, 2005 at 10:25 PM Post #5 of 6
There is no "king" in the current-model PCDP world, IMHO. None of the North American versions of any current Panasonic PCDP has a line out at all - they all have only a headphone out which is permanently "stuck" in headphone-out mode. Worse, their digital amps produce a somewhat jagged frequency response curve with a significant response peak near 20kHz (a peak that's very similar to a metal-particle cassette tape which had been recorded with Type II bias level instead of the optimal Type IV bias level).

Sep 18, 2005 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 6
The one I have is almost 10 yrs old - so I guess they don't make 'em with line out anymore. I just wonder how the sound is compared to new models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back