Current in the Signal path
Sep 14, 2003 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

OogeleyBoogeley

100+ Head-Fier
Hey- this amp will never stop giving me problems!
Last time, I added the Elpac 24V supply for my META42, and found out that I needed to isolate my inputs and the 24V input jack. I did so, by adding a rubber gromit to the power input jack from the steel they were moutned in. Well, last week that gromit ripped and the short was created again. And this time, the current was going for a long enough time for something to happen.

Now, the right channel does not work. When I plug in the headphones, there is a loud popping noise. I used my voltmeter to try to look for the problem, and found out that there is 7V entering the audio signal path at the points R1 and R2. This current is only present when the opamp chip is in the socket, when it is out, there is no current. So, there is no signal going out to the headphone, just 7V. Does anyone have insight as to what my problem is, and if it is in anyway repairable?

Go ahead and tell me what a moron I am because I am lamenting, because I have a pair of HD-580s coming in this week, and no amp to drive them. Thanks for any help.

-Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back