Current Equivalents or Upgrades to DT-770 Pro / 80 Ohm?
Jul 5, 2015 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gavinfoxx

New Head-Fier
Hi there. I have an old set of DT-770 Pro / 80 ohm headphones. I preetttyyy much like everything about them.  Build quality, circumaural status, sound signature, fit, isolation, everything.  Buuut they got damaged, and are more than a little old, and I have nooo idea how to get them repaired, and they're an old used set...  How would I repair them? Or failing that, is there a set of headphones that are basically 'like these, but better' somewhere?  Thanks!

Jul 6, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 10
I keep looking for the perfect upgrade to these headphones as well. I've tried a lot and not found many I like. The Shure SRH1540 is quite nice, but the comfort isn't quite as good as the DT770. The Fostex TH-900 was really stellar but my only gripe is that the pads are leather instead of velour.

Jul 7, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Honestly, if you don't dislike anything about them, I would just stick with the DT770's. Like I said, I've tried many headphones and always come back to them. I prefer them to headphones that cost six times as much. They are a legendary set of headphones and for good reason!

One thing that made them bloom a little bit more for me was getting a quality amp for them. Love my Asgard 2 with them.

Jul 8, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #5 of 10
So I'm not really sure about getting them repaired... Its a used set and I lost one of the screws and the foam is degrading and the part that touches the ear is a bit off color... Should I just get a new one? The repair place apparently doesn't do head touching repairs?

Jul 9, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #10 of 10
You don't know if there are other issues?

1. Is there sound coming out?
2. Your headphones work.

If you had other issues you would know.

Can you post pictures of the missing screw or what isn't being held together? You might just need a general replacement screw that could be found at a hardware store or building store. It seems like it could be an easy fix but you're not really giving enough information for me to determine what is wrong with your headphones. If you don't think they are repairable then yes, by all means buy another pair. But I don't know if you need to do that or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back