Current best deal for $150 closed-back over-ear headphones?
Jan 14, 2016 at 8:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

jwl12345

New Head-Fier
Looking for something to wear in public/on transportation such as the subway.  My Creative Aurvana Live 2's just aren't cutting it with their bad isolation.

I have a bigass head (probably big ears too, but I don't really know), and I tend to listen to a lot of EDM/pop/electropop/rap. You might call me a basshead, but I'm far from the biggest one out there.

I was eyeing up the massdrop AKG K267s but apparently their isolation isn't very good either.

Could probably go somewhat over $150 if necessary (significant upgrade over cheaper options).  Any suggestions?  Any good deals at the moment?

Edit: Oops, forgot to mention - I uhh, don't have an amp, I'm kind of a casual in the headphone world. Will mostly be using my phone.

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #4 of 7
Someone else could probably give you a much better recommendation than me because I don't listen to the same genres as you. Shure SE215 should be a decent buy for those genres you listed and come with foam tips I believe.

Jan 15, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #5 of 7
check out the yamaha eph-100. i have have these and they give good isolation with the stock tips and have good bass thats not overpowering. i also had the se215 but i thought the eph-100 was overall better sound quality. the shure had high quality cables that are removable and also gave a little more isolation but those are the only things i thought were better about the shure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back