Curious about the ATH T-33
Dec 30, 2005 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

anyatinagan

New Head-Fier
first let me say hi and thank you for the excellent headphone resource you guys have all built here, it's really outstanding
icon10.gif

I'm not shopping for a badass ultra expensive headphone, instead i'm looking for a budget headphone that i can take with me everywhere i go, maybe pull out in public places and just listen away. It's very hard to shop for headphones where i come from, it's all very limited. I've seen a lot of sennheisers, some audio technicas and a gazillion philips phones. i have yet to see a decent sony headphone around here. I've looked around and done my research and it looks like it might come down to getting the senn HD 212 pro--for the bass (basshead?) or the ATH T-33. i'm not looking to spend a lot for my first headphones, jus enough to actually get an idea of what i'm in for (i know i'll be buying something more expensive later on).

So onto my question, is the ATH T-33 any good? Shops are pretty strict around here that they dont have any test models handy so i haven't given this particular model a critical test. The reason i got so interested in this model is because of the price - $22 (not bad looking either, although a little on the cheap plastic side). I've looked at the audio cube article for this phone and it says that it's got good bass, but i was wondering if anyone here's had first had experience with them. any thoughts?

Dec 30, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #2 of 2
General consensus for a full sized cheapy closed headphone is senn HD201 (head-fi is such a hive mind). Another option which might look less goofy is to get some in-ear phones such as JVC fx55, Pioneer CL30 (which I have and can attest to) or panasonic hje50. From what I`ve read and judging by the price range, they all sound pretty similar, so go for whichever you can find. The sony equivalent (ex51, ex71) are known for build quality issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back