Cure for the PCDP bug?
Apr 6, 2004 at 6:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

megamagic

100+ Head-Fier
I've been reading old posts in the forum (again), specifically this one http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...0&pagenumber=1 and I realized a few of the members have not posted for a while...like in a year! Other thing I noticed is that they all had gotten their hands on a DCP-150...Is it just coincidence? Or did something happen to them that caused them to leave the forums...or could it be.....a cure, albeit a very limited one...
eek.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 12
A cure for the PCDP bug is to get a decent home deck
very_evil_smiley.gif

I can't see me looking back now
biggrin.gif

Apr 6, 2004 at 7:59 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

megamagic has already cure himself

ah las! but the cure has not worked...very much still in a pcdp frenzy
evil_smiley.gif

oh no! maybe the cure does not work if you use it too early (warning to scare others so that I can scour for more DCP-150's for myself....lol).

stuck with the pcdp bug and still have yet to catch the headphone one. looks like i'm a gonner.

Apr 6, 2004 at 9:19 AM Post #6 of 12
Yes, the DCP-150 is a temporary for some. It was for me as far as portables go, now like Duncan I've gotten a fullsize home unit and currently enjoying it. Don't listen to PCDP's as much but I can't say that I've totally gotten out of them, you never know when an awesome deal might go down.

Apr 7, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #7 of 12
If you're on a budget of money and/or space, then you have to try to do the best you can to milk the portable setup for all it's worth.

My cure was a trip to the local audio shop. The sad thing is that my portable stuff just about paid for this.

I still have the ole trusty Grundig and a Technics sl-xp300 "just in case."
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 7:14 AM Post #8 of 12
Yes,

The same as Plainsong, I can't imagine that I will sell all of my Discpeople - I can see me keeping the D5, D321 and D777... probably moreso the D777, as that is the only one that i've had from new...

Its like quitting smoking, its always a good idea to keep a pack tucked in a safe place for a bad day
wink.gif

Apr 7, 2004 at 7:24 AM Post #9 of 12
I will probably not sell any of my PCDP's in my collection even though I have a full size CDP now. Many of those PCDP's were bought by winning furious ebay bidding wars, begging and nagging a seller who was undecided if they should sell the PCDP, and on some occassions just pure luck when I happen to stumble accross a sweet deal that I couldn't pass up. Several of my PCDP's are in mint condition with original box and all papers, finding another replacement with all the same attributes and getting it for the same price which I bought mines or better would prove to be difficult. Plus they sound great. All the more making them a keeper for me.

Apr 7, 2004 at 10:44 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
The same as Plainsong, I can't imagine that I will sell all of my Discpeople

Lol. Never actually thought about that word in that way. I've always thought as PCDPs as Discmen...which is a really strange word if you think about it.

Apr 7, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #11 of 12
There's no permanent cure, only varying lengths of remission. Some are shorter than others, but none seem to be permanent.

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:01 PM Post #12 of 12
yep, i've got too many of those..why not sell them...i don't know..it's a virus..it's about time to have a new virus..
biggrin.gif

hmm, there are some walkman that i really want and perhaps one pcdp, no it's not the denon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back