Cure for sweaty palms?
Dec 12, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #17 of 29
wow 1-2% of the population...i feel so special hmm i might try doing more excercise but i just got surgery to remove a splinter...ouch
frown.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 6:37 PM Post #18 of 29
I have palmar / plantar HH too. Research surgery carefully before you consider the option. It can cause compensatory sweating over the rest of your body (chest, back, legs).

A less invasive option might be the Drionic unit or Antihydral cream. Biofeedback might be helpful too, if your problem isn't too severe. Good luck.

Feb 7, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #19 of 29
I sweat prefusley too.

My armpits, hands and feet are the worst.

i hate it, and always have done. Im only just 15 and hope it goes away.

Right now im fine, but i get it alot at school, and just ramndomly sometimes. Worst when i hold a controller, eg. Xbox 360.

I have tried various hand deoderants, but they leave a white film on your hands and take ages to dry!!

Well that was many years ago. May have improved now.

I dont do much excersise, albeit i have been having health issues for over a year! (Disloacted knee x2, and an infection in my toe thats hard to get rid of cos im allergic to penicillin apparently, i have had the nail off, and now the nail off again and the nail bed killed. Hope it gets better!)

Matt

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM Post #20 of 29
talc is the first thing that comes to mind. (the stuff you find in pool halls)

Not a cure, but a solution.

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cut em off. Worked fine for me.

When you get the first one off, how do you go about cutting the second one?

Feb 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by infinitesymphony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And here is a description of the hand surgery he performs: Endoscopic Transthoracic Sympathectomy.

From the description:

"It is also the most efficient way to stop facial blushing which causes considerable social difficulties and embarrassment in many individuals affected by this disturbance."

Hmmm...nope, no sir, for me, not worth it.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #24 of 29
Sage is a miracle for sweaty people. Make some tea of it and drink one cup every day or use it when cooking a meal. Should work wonders.

My collegue used to sweat a real lot and we gave him the Sage..no more sweaty sweaty, just a lot of peeing..it has to go somewhere lol!

Anyways, good luck, it can be a very uncomfortable issue.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Contrastique /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sage is a miracle for sweaty people. Make some tea of it and drink one cup every day or use it when cooking a meal. Should work wonders.

My collegue sweat a real lot and we gave him the Sage..no more sweaty sweaty, just a lot of peeing..it has to go somewhere lol!

Anyways, good luck, it can be a very uncomfortable issue.

Had no idea. I hope it didn't completely shut down the sweat; could be dangerous in hot weather, during exercise, etc.

Feb 7, 2008 at 10:36 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ingwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had no idea. I hope it didn't completely shut down the sweat; could be dangerous in hot weather, during exercise, etc.

No, it just reduced it a lot and indeed that could be dangerous.

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #27 of 29
It can be harmful to your electronics as well. My palms sweat when using my laptop and now there are marks on the palm rests from the acid eating at the aluminum. Nothing major, but after some time could prove to be not-so-good for your machine. I would imagine the plastic that the 360 controllers are made of will react differently also.

Feb 8, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you get the first one off, how do you go about cutting the second one?

Table saw
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2008 at 6:28 AM Post #29 of 29
Although is true a sympathectomy might work, you should ask your doctor for Drysol. It is available by prescription, not expensive and it might do the job. It is applied at night to the armpits, or palms, fro about 1 -3 nights for effect. It might however create temporary irritation or local discomfort. If your doctor does not know, then ask a dermatologist. I would try the lowest concentration first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back