Cure for 595 "creaking".
Jun 6, 2005 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

pp312

Hoping to be taken seriously for once in his life
Usually referred to as creaking, but in my case more like an incessant clicking, I've tried just about everything to get rid of the annoying noises that plague the 595 with no luck until now. On a hunch I decided to put a drop of ordinary engine oil on each hinge and voila!, no more creaking--or almost none. Since the noisy shell has seriously impaired my enjoyment of what I consider a great phone, this is a real discovery. I wonder if anyone else has tried this, or something like it. The "clicking" was obviously friction between the plastic surfaces.

Jun 6, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 4
pp312, thanks for sharing, and glad that you solved your issue with this great (here, too) phone.

My HD595, for the luck of me, doesn't creak or click in any kind of way. I hope it's not going to start any soon...

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Guys - you really should try this :

Take apart the 595 driver housing and use RUBBER FOAM (thin variety with adhesive backing) to coat the exposed plastic areas. This does a WORLD of good to the sound and to the "damping" of the chassis. No more microphonics from the chassis...the cable microphonics need a cable replacement.

But if you like the cans then you might as well make them better. For those in USA - Larry will do this for you (Headphile).

gs

Jun 6, 2005 at 2:50 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, that could actually be interesting to try... well, when and if I'll find either the 'heart' and the patience.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back