Cubicle living
Aug 22, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #31 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunneebear /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sony CD3000 so you can look silly while you're working and silly afterward with the headphone hair.

Seriously, any earbud would be fine because you should be working and not totally emersed in music.

I wasn't joking about the headphone hairdo though. You'd really look silly.
I have three types of headphone hair. The AT's gives me a mohawk. TheSA5000 gives me a flat top. All the other cans gives me the standard headphone hairdo, you know, the trench for ear to ear.

As far as the CD3000's are concerned its worth looking silly to enjoy the wonderful sound.
Am being honest now,what are all you people working at in cubicles,I have spent all my working life outdoors,and find it hard to imagine being in a cubicle all day.
If its the only job available fair enough,lots go through bad times,no disrespect intended.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:03 PM Post #32 of 32
I have been attempting to find the best solution for cubicle listening as well and so far I haven't found an ideal setup, but that being said, here are some recommendations:

I like the px100s because they offer great sound quality directly from my work computer. The problem with these are that they are open. While this satifies your need to hear conversations, it allows for sound leakage and will not block out ambient unwanted noises.

I also have a pair of IEMs that can easily be driven from my work computer but are too revealing and really need a DAC to sound decent. Another issue with these is that they can be a pain in the neck to take in and out if you need to deal with employees, phone calls, etc. They are great for blocking out sound but the noise floor from the computer when no music is playing is quite annoying.

Closed headphones and noise cancelling headphones are also good choices if that is your thing. NC phones give me a headache. YMMV.

I use a external hard drive that I keep my music on and bring it back and forth to work.

Good luck. I hope this helped. Sorry I don't have a definte answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back