cuban cigars
Feb 10, 2003 at 8:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Audio-Me

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it just me or does the aftertaste taste just like weed? I had my first one this weekend in Vancouver, wholey crap that was some good stuff! I know what my dad's birthday gift is going to be now.

Feb 10, 2003 at 8:08 PM Post #2 of 63
Naw, It's just you
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2003 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 63
Each one has its own distinctive taste. I've never tasted any cigar that had an aftertaste like weed but then again I haven't smoked every cigar around. Which cigar was it?

Also, be aware that Cuban cigars purchased in Canada are extremely over-priced (highest prices are in UK and Canada is in 2nd place) and of rather low quality compared to those available from other countries.

Feb 11, 2003 at 12:30 AM Post #7 of 63
a&m,
they're called "blunts". usually you just use some swisher sweets, but a cuban will do.
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2003 at 12:43 AM Post #8 of 63
I'm a big fan of Cuban cigars...they have a flavor to them that the others just can't quite match. They are also more expensive than a cocaine habit!!

As far as cost, I understand that the most expensive Cubans can be had in 1) Hong Kong, and 2) Windsor, CA (which is right accross the Detroit River from where I live).

I'm reminded of a trip to Geneva, Switzerland...I went to the Davidoff store in Geneva and bought an entire box of Bolivar Robustos. OH!! Very nice....
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 11, 2003 at 1:19 AM Post #9 of 63
If you get them in Cuba, right now, the 25 box of Cohiba lanceros or any other brand you like, original ones, not fake, goes for under $50.00 USD of course in the black market, if someone is interested, and are planning to travel there, I got some friends there, just PM me and I'll give you some contacts there on the island, to get them for really cheap, and by the way send some stuff to these friends there, Nah, Cuban mafia!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2003 at 2:30 AM Post #10 of 63
By the way...as far as I know, unless one holds a passport from another (read: NOT USA) country, travel to Cuba (except for very rare instances) is VERBOTEN. Too bad...I understand from one of my Canadian buddies that it's a lovely island. Adding to its charm, apparently there are no new automobiles. He says it's like it's frozen in time.

Feb 11, 2003 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by elrod-tom
By the way...as far as I know, unless one holds a passport from another (read: NOT USA) country, travel to Cuba (except for very rare instances) is VERBOTEN. Too bad...I understand from one of my Canadian buddies that it's a lovely island. Adding to its charm, apparently there are no new automobiles. He says it's like it's frozen in time.

You are absolutely right, my people there is frozen in time for 44 years now...That's also true according to the blockade there is no way for an american born citizen to go there unless with a washington authorization.....I can send you some pics if I can find them...later

Feb 11, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #13 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
anyone know exactly why cuban cigars are 'illegal' in the united states? are they actually illegal, or is that just some sort of a myth? or are they just hard to get out of cuba and into the US?

Becuase of the US blockade and economic restrictions, all cuban products are banned here...

Feb 11, 2003 at 4:46 AM Post #14 of 63
i like cohiba robustos. a few months ago i went to cancun and i had one screwed into my mouth for 24 hours a day while i was there. damn are they yummy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back