CTH or Millet minimax?
Dec 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

acvtre

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I'm going to buy a good hybrid amp for my AKG K240 MKII and sennheiser hd555.
I've got two options:
1) about 220$ plus shipping for the minimax and then the time to build it. I'm not a guru so I need enough time.
2) about 250$ for the CTH shipped and already built and with 3 other tubes.

What do you suggest?
The only main difference I know is the dimesion. The CTH is really really small.
Anything more important?

Dec 2, 2009 at 6:08 PM Post #2 of 4
I don't have any experience with the Millet minimax but have a CTH. I can tell you it is one fantastic little amp. The version I have is very versatile. It can take 6.3v or 12.6v tubes. It has both RCA and 1/8" input and output. I find it to be a great little "tube tester" in that changing tubes makes a noticeable difference, not that I have that much experience with tubes. But it affects the sound much more than the LD MKIII I used to have.

If you can get a built CTH with 3 tubes for $250 that sounds like a great deal to me.

Dec 2, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have any experience with the Millet minimax but have a CTH. I can tell you it is one fantastic little amp. The version I have is very versatile. It can take 6.3v or 12.6v tubes. It has both RCA and 1/8" input and output. I find it to be a great little "tube tester" in that changing tubes makes a noticeable difference, not that I have that much experience with tubes. But it affects the sound much more than the LD MKIII I used to have.

If you can get a built CTH with 3 tubes for $250 that sounds like a great deal to me.

That's interesting but I need a comparison.
What kind of headphones do you use and waht kind of music do you listen to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back