CT Mini-Meet
Feb 24, 2003 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Well it was a good time again. Jamont, Darkwolf, Grancasa and myself sampled many amps and phones. We actually had food this time. Chicken wings and hotdogs.
The Mg Head continues to impress. The Melos is still my overall favorite. The Corda HA-1 blew away the Headroom Little. I now know why they call it Little. At first I thought it was the power supply.
Jamont had many DIY amps. I really liked the Millet Hybrid he built. Cute, little tubes and sounded really, good. I would love to build one of these. He was able to tube roll his MG to his hearts desire. I think the Raytheon is still king.
Darkwolf I believe has seen the light about sources. He brought his HD 590s. These are a great sounding headphone. He also brought his computer to use as a source. We had plenty of amps.

The group agreed that we are all going to the NY meet at Grado.

Feb 24, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #2 of 3
Bob,

Your house has now officially been named Mini-Meet Capitol of head-fi. I must say that it is mighty nice of you to open your house to allow people to come and check out the various models of equipment they read about here. The opportunity to attend a meet or mini-meet is really a neat time to listen to and compare stuff you have against stuff you want or dream about. When my dad and I visited Hirsch for our little mini-meet, we were both blown away by what we heard and had the chance to listen to. My dad has never heard what something truly airy sounded like until he got a hold of those R10s. Wow, he seriously considered getting heavily into head-fi gear.

No RKV review and comparison info yet? I was looking forward to hearing about how it sounded, and what others thought about it. Guess it'll wait til next time.

Feb 25, 2003 at 12:12 PM Post #3 of 3
Any impressions more from the other attendees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back