CT-800 Question
Oct 18, 2002 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tachyon

New Head-Fier
anyone know if the external battery pack for the new CT-800 is attached to the CD player itself (aka like MD players where its screwed on securely)? or is it like the slimX design and replaces the remote?

Also, Aside from Tina (thanks again for the detail review) anyone else have it on here? I read some other reviews of the player in Chinese and they say that it actually sounds pretty good if the stock headphones are replaced (but editor did mentioned that it does not have as strong of a bass compared to Sony players).

thanks.

Oct 18, 2002 at 3:14 PM Post #2 of 10
I think it's important to remember that we all have slightly different ears, and slight different standards that we uphold.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2002 at 3:38 PM Post #3 of 10
i've just got one, and the battery pack attaches to the cd player like an md. i'm having problems using the supplied nihm's, as they go internally and when i put them in, it creates a bump that interferes with the cd, already scratching my cd. using the external battery pack for time being. i can't comment on the headphone out, as i been using the line out with my amp and ety's. i know the supplied ear buds is crap (which is a given) i'll listened through headphone out with ety 4p and koss 35 and tell you how it performs.

Oct 19, 2002 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 10
if you have seen how the external batts of the new sony pcdp's connect, that's pretty similar with the ct800.
as for the sound and my ears, how i wish i haven't owned the ct570. every recent pcdp from the headphone out that i've compared with my 570 simply sounded unnatural to me.
frown.gif

as for volume, i have to crank the ct800 to full to satisfy my e888 or my mx500 when i listened to my "dances with wolves" cd today.

*i use my beyer dt831+amp usually for comparisons.

Oct 21, 2002 at 4:06 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by dougbrad81
i've just got one, and the battery pack attaches to the cd player like an md. i'm having problems using the supplied nihm's, as they go internally and when i put them in, it creates a bump that interferes with the cd, already scratching my cd. using the external battery pack for time being. i can't comment on the headphone out, as i been using the line out with my amp and ety's. i know the supplied ear buds is crap (which is a given) i'll listened through headphone out with ety 4p and koss 35 and tell you how it performs.

thanks man, please get back to us when you finish evaluating!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 25, 2002 at 2:08 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Tachyon
or is it like the slimX design and replaces the remote?

FYI, The external battery pack on the slimx attaches to the DC input jack so you can have both the battery and remote attached at the same time.

Oct 25, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Tachyon
Any update?
biggrin.gif
confused.gif

man, i've been swamped with schoolwork. but i'm free this weekend and will have time to dedicated to evaluating this item. my setup will be the headphone port to koss ksc35 and etys 4p. with the lineout it will be a fixup mini amp with ety 4p to 4s cable. i'll also sneak in a listen with the senn 580's. let you know by sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back