CSR APT-X bluetooth codec is not loud enough?
Jan 11, 2014 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CZ Eddie

100+ Head-Fier
I have two headphones, both are APT-X Bluetooth.  One's a jogging headphone and the other is a Velodyne vFree headset.
My computer is Windows 7 x64.  
Prior to installing the CSR APT-X driver, I was using the default Windows Bluetooth drivers.  And had acceptable volume levels.  
But since the Windows drivers don't support APT-X, I decided to install the only APT-X driver on the market, which is the CSR Bluetooth driver.  Driver name is:  CSR_Harmony_2.zip

Problem is, while APT-X sounds nice and crystal clear, I no longer have the same volume levels.  Now everything is noticeably lower volume and while it's loud enough for casual listening, it's nowhere near loud enough for watching movies.  

Any ideas?
I've already verified the volume levels for Windows and the Bluetooth drivers are both set to max, as well as my media player.

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:06 PM Post #2 of 3
With Android Poweramp, I used replay gain  (with no actual RG data for music) to boost preamp levels feeding into bluetooth. Poweramp boosts up to 16db this way. Perhaps you might find something similar in your setup.

Jan 20, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #3 of 3
Ahh, thanks for the response.
Yes, I use Media Center 17 to watch videos & movies with.  I did discover a volume gain boost feature in it.
That doesn't solve my volume problem with other apps though unfortunately.  
I suspect PowerAmp would be the same deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back