CS Gaming: Senn 280 vs Senn 212 vs Senn 570 vs Sony V6
Dec 30, 2003 at 1:16 AM Post #2 of 10
Both the HD280s and HD570 are supposed to be excellent for positioning.
I'd go with the 280s because I hear they have better sound and because they are closed.
I heard the Sonys don't have that good positioning, but I haven't listened to either phone.

Dec 30, 2003 at 1:37 AM Post #3 of 10
Of the 2 I heard, the 570 over the 280. The 280 lacked an overall "robustness" in sound. Also, the 570's comfort factor is phenomenal imo.

Dec 30, 2003 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 10
As long as the headphones are stereo, you are fine. The sound effects in CS are not high quality. Comfort and your preference of either closed or open is more important. If you want to listen to music while not playing CS, then pick according to your musical preferences, not counter strike.

Dec 30, 2003 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by funnytimes
If you want to listen to music while not playing CS, then pick according to your musical preferences, not counter strike.

very good advice. if you're _only_ going to use the phones for CS, then IMO there isn't much of a need for anything beyond the 212 (though the isolation offered by the 280 is excellent for when you're heavily focused. no outside auditory distractions, guarenteed).

the higher the quality of headphone i use for gaming, the more i realize how horrid most video game sound is.

Dec 30, 2003 at 4:52 AM Post #6 of 10
Yes I will definitely be using the headphones I buy for music, but since Ive read alot of reviews on each of these headphones, and as far as music sound quality goes, all are supposedly very good. Since I also need good headphones for CS, I figured I would now ask for the best for CS among the four to further narrow down the choices. Yes I know that the sound quality in CS is very bad, but what Im looking for are headphones with good positioning, and the ability to produce the lowest sounds in the game, which will allow me to find where my enemies are.

Dec 30, 2003 at 6:59 AM Post #9 of 10
To play counterstrike you need phones with accurate positioning. I think you would be surprised how much better good phones accomplish this. Also, despite the fact that the sounds arent hi-fi in nature, they are accurate none the less, and can be presented differently with different phones. I recommend phones with good bass representation.

Of the ones listed, the 570 is the best for positioning. However if you need closed cans (like me) choose the 280s or go up a bit to the Beyer 250-80s.

And to be honest, CS by far surpasses every game ive played this year (save CoD by a tiny thread)

Dec 30, 2003 at 7:09 AM Post #10 of 10
I am pretty good at Counter-Strike, I am an ex cal-m player. As long as the headphones are stereo, the positioning is fine. I would think those four headphones in your short list are quite different sonically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back