Crystal Piccolino Cables have arrived in Jaben!
Apr 28, 2011 at 9:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Jaben

Member of the Trade: Jaben.Crossroads
[size=10pt]Dear Head-fiers,[/size]

[size=10pt]The Crystal Piccolino Cables have arrived in Jaben! [/size]

[size=10pt]Check out the cables we have:[/size]
[size=10pt](Click pictures to buy Crystal Piccolino Cables!)[/size]

ABOUT CRYSTAL PICCOLINO
[size=10pt]Piccolino is derived from the Crystal Cable product line, which is built with the highest quality conductors and insulators. The conducting material is high purity silver, filled with gold, and Teflon is used as an insulator. Its noise rejection and power-handling attributes are exceptional. Piccolino implements a flexible core design that makes it ideal for portable hi-fi applications. Gabi van der Kley, who is a concert pianist, places the highest demands on the audio quality of her products, requiring flawless transparency, also known as crystal clarity, from her products.[/size]

WHAT MAKES CRYSTAL CABLES SPECIAL?
Normal cables

Crystal Piccolino Cables

1. [size=10pt]Normal copper or silver conductor:[/size]

[size=10pt]No material between metal crystals[/size]

[size=10pt][/size]

1. Small conductors
  2. Big insulators

1. [size=10pt]Silver conductor with gold filler[/size]
[size=10pt]More current can pass through[/size]
[size=10pt]At same diameter[/size]

[size=10pt]Gold between silver for higher            [/size]performance

1. Big conductors
  2. Very thin insulation
  1. Looks thin but has large conductivity

[size=10pt]We will post up the specials very soon, stay tuned![/size]

[size=10pt]- The Jaben Team with LOVE[/size]

Apr 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #2 of 6
After getting over with the sticker tag shock, this is the best cable for my JH13/HD800 and may be LCD2.  Sound signature:  Very very very smooth with full range presence.  It has a bass impact equivalent to UPOCC copper.  It transforms my JH13 to a different phone.  With HD800, it manages the treble very nicely with much much reduce sibilance.  The sound presence is very sweet and unrestricted and yes, very transparent and Crystal clear.

However, I would like Jaben to clarify if this represents new supply or production from Crystal Kable or if this is the limited supply left from the original production from Crystal Kable (supposedly only two rolls was ever manufactured and auctioned off).  I was told by Derek at Jaben (HK) that Crystal Kable was NOT going to make anymore Piccolino after whatever that was produced is gone due to the high cost of manufacturing.  I was told that originally, Gaby Ver Der Kley made the Piccolino with the "costs no limits" in mind and as a result, the manufacturing cost was so high that it was not profitable to continue the Piccolino line.  Furthermore, I was told that the later Piccolo line was made with less costly materials and/or manufacturing processing.  If this is new production, does that mean Crystal Kable has resumed oem production of this cable?  If so, is this Piccolino exactly the same as the original run or is it different from the original only with the same name?   If not, how much Piccolino is left for purchase?  

There has been a lot of confusion to the Piccolino cable.  Please see the following thread particularly post #24 where headfiers Improvised and Parrots have different experience with the Piccolino cable.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/533913/what-is-the-difference-between-the-piccolo-cable-and-piccolino-cable/15.  Is the Crystal Piccolino exclusively made for Jaben, because later in the thread, Improvised showed pictures of the Piccolino he received from Crystal directly at half the cost.  If Crystal Kable is selling the Piccolino under the name Piccolo, then I like to know if they are made to the same standard.

I think these are reasonable questions as these are undoubtedly very expensive cable and because there seems to be much confusion with potentially different cable marketed by different company under different brand name.  Headfiers need to be cleared with the product that they are buying and are not confused one cable from another.  I purchased both the JH13 and HD800 Piccolino from Derek and they are wonderful.  Thanks.

Edit:  For some reasons, several posts in the above thread including pictures from Improvised have been removed or deleted but basically he was showing a Piccolino JH13 cable that he ordered under the name of Piccolo from a Crystal rep in Holland.  However, I am not sure that is the same cable as shown by Jaben above.

Apr 28, 2011 at 5:18 PM Post #3 of 6
Great post! Would love to know as well.

Quote:
After getting over with the sticker tag shock, this is the best cable for my JH13/HD800 and may be LCD2.  Sound signature:  Very very very smooth with full range presence.  It has a bass impact equivalent to UPOCC copper.  It transforms my JH13 to a different phone.  With HD800, it manages the treble very nicely with much much reduce sibilance.  The sound presence is very sweet and unrestricted.

However, I would like Jaben to clarify if this represents new supply or production from Crystal Kable or if this is the limited supply left from the original production from Crystal Kable (supposedly only two rolls was ever manufactured and auctioned off).  I was told by Derek at Jaben (HK) that Crystal Kable was NOT going to make anymore Piccolino after whatever that was produced is gone due to the high cost of manufacturing.  I was told that originally, Gaby Ver Der Kley made the Piccolino with the "costs no limits" in mind and as a result, the manufacturing cost was so high that it was not profitable to continue the Piccolino line.  Furthermore, I was told that the later Piccolo line was made with less costly materials and/or manufacturing processing.  If this is new production, does that mean Crystal Kable has resumed oem production of this cable?  If so, is this Piccolino exactly the same as the original run or is it different from the original only with the same name?   If not, how much Piccolino is left for purchase?  

There has been a lot of confusion to the Piccolino cable.  Please see the following thread particularly post #24 where headfiers Improvised and Parrots have different experience with the Piccolino cable.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/533913/what-is-the-difference-between-the-piccolo-cable-and-piccolino-cable/15.  Is the Crystal Piccolino exclusively made for Jaben, because later in the thread, Improvised showed pictures of the Piccolino he received from Crystal directly at half the cost.  If Crystal Kable is selling the Piccolino under the name Piccolo, then I like to know if they are made to the same standard.

I think these are reasonable questions as these are undoubtedly very expensive cable and because there seems to be much confusion with potentially different cable market by different company under different brand name.  Headfiers need to be cleared with the product that they are buying and are not confused one cable from another.  I purchased both the JH13 and HD800 Piccolino from Derek and they are wonderful.  Thanks.

May 2, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #4 of 6
Our price: US$1,338.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

May 2, 2011 at 5:35 AM Post #5 of 6
Hi Jalo,

Thank you for the post.

Answers to your questions are:

1. The Piccolino is now available on a constant basis. It is the same “cost no limits” and Gaby Van der Kley’s no-compromise philosophy has not changed.
  1. Piccolo and Piccolino are different cables. Piccolino cables are made for headphone and earphone applications.[size=11pt][/size]

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Many Thanks, Wilson

May 2, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #6 of 6
It is a great news, and I have ordered a mini cable. I expected it would sound better than my current Crystal Piccolo mini cable, although it is already so wonderful. I can't tolerate any non-Crystal Cable IC, as I am also a Crystal Cable user for years.

I keen to have the replacement cable for my HD800, but the price which is much expensive than the phone itself makes me very disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back