Cruising the FS forums.
Apr 4, 2008 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

ronnielee54

Headphoneus Supremus
How many members have cruised the FS forums just for grins and ended up buying. In the last 3 weeks I have ended up trading for a pair of MS1's and buying a pair of modded HD580's. Never intended to buy, just looking. Saw adds for HD580's, got the urge, missed out on 2 pairs, posted a WTB, and BAM, now I got a pair of HD580's coming on the big brown truck. Gotta stay away from the FS forums. They are dangerous to the wallet.

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 21
Don't let this be you!

20061208_empty_wallet_2.jpg

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #5 of 21
Yup... I just took a look in the headphones FS forum and there are some really tempting sales there right now!

I know I should be hanging on to my money, but I want them.
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 21
i think i've purchased only 1 or 2 items on impulse. everything else was items i was looking for. restraint is good. leads to less regret.

Apr 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is that?

20061208_empty_wallet_2.jpg

The bane of every Head-Fier's existence, of course.
wink.gif

Quote:

Go to Audiogon and search for items near your zip code. It's amazing the number of things you need and don't realize it.

I didn't realize you could search by zip code on Audiogon until just now! Look out, wallet! Aw crap it's too late now, look what I just found!

AudiogoN ForSale: dCS Elgar Plus

And an Opus 21 too! Nooooooo....

AudiogoN ForSale: Resolution Audio Opus 21 CD Player

And a Classe CDP-300? The will to survive...

AudiogoN ForSale: Classe CDP-300

Apr 4, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many members have cruised the FS forums just for grins and ended up buying. In the last 3 weeks I have ended up trading for a pair of MS1's and buying a pair of modded HD580's. Never intended to buy, just looking. Saw adds for HD580's, got the urge, missed out on 2 pairs, posted a WTB, and BAM, now I got a pair of HD580's coming on the big brown truck. Gotta stay away from the FS forums. They are dangerous to the wallet.

Heh those HD580s are coming from my headphone stand! Take good care of them, I loved them dearly but I want a Woo6 SOOOOOO bad.

More on topic, I have been cruising the FS forums as well and it really makes me want a new source. Whether it be a new DAC to replace the microdac or a Rotel CDP to put on top of my Rotel Integrated.

Gl with the phones.

Apr 4, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 21
I rarely go there unless I am selling something, or are looking to buy a specific item.

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:39 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bought a 580 on impulse as well and I believe I was one of those that snagged them from you.
biggrin.gif
I had just logged in, browsed the fs section out of curiosity, and within minutes an ad for some 580s came up. Having never heard any Senns but having read how well they compliment Grados I just couldn't pass them up. Glad to hear one pair was offered to you.

Apr 4, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I rarely go there unless I am selling something, or are looking to buy a specific item.

i probably view the FS part of the forum as much as any other part. i'm always curious what people are selling and for how much.

Apr 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i probably view the FS part of the forum as much as any other part. i'm always curious what people are selling and for how much.

same here. you never know when some obscure version of the float frame will appear FS
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back