CRT-fi
Nov 17, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #31 of 33
I wish there was an LCD that was as fast and as black as CRTs, had the viewing angles, color accuracy and geometric perfection of an IPS.

Until then I'm stuck with my oh so flawed HP LP2475w.

Nov 17, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #32 of 33
I bought a 21" trinitron in 2001 and it lasted 6 years before it began to die. In 2007 I got a Samsung 22" 720p widescreen with a 5ms response, then in 2009 I got a 32" HannsG 1080p widescreen. Presently my main gaming computer is on my TV, a Visio 47" 120hz 1080p.

I really enjoyed that trinitron, but it was a heavy beast. I had a corner type compter desk with the computer underneath the monitor. I'm an avid builder/modder so everytime I wanted to get at the computer I had to move the monitor. Though I had a lot of good times with it, I was glad to finally put it on the curb.

All my LCDs needed at least a little calibration though. Color balance has been spot on, but color intensity and brightness has needed adjustment on all of them.  

Nov 17, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #33 of 33
i refuse to use an LCD as a computer monitor until the day i cannot find a working CRT when my current one is in need of replacement (probably have some new monitor technology by then anyway)

for one with PC gaming if you need to use a resolution other than native with an LCD you're at the mercy of the scaling of either the video card or monitor

a good CRT displaying at the resolution in question without scaling ALWAYS looks better

Users who are viewing this thread

Back