CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Aug 10, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #751 of 1,031
Hi I'm planning on buying the mylarthree, but I'm also thinking about the V-moda vibe.

How does the Mylarthree compares to the V-moda vibe?

also:
What type of cable does the mylarthree has? a J-type (behind neck) or a Y-type cable?

Thanx!

Aug 10, 2007 at 12:57 AM Post #752 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by FiReSToRM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi I'm planning on buying the mylarthree, but I'm also thinking about the V-moda vibe.

How does the Mylarthree compares to the V-moda vibe?

also:
What type of cable does the mylarthree has? a J-type (behind neck) or a Y-type cable?

Thanx!

it is the Y type dude.

Aug 10, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #753 of 1,031
I just had a flight from New Jersey to California today and used my X3s the entire flight. I hadn't used the foam tips yet (came with the UE fit kit) and all I can say is wow! The foam tips really make them sound better, I just keep liking these more and more.

Now, I know these are only $57 phones (including shipping) but I really fell in love with the way the foamies fit and was considering going to an audiologist to get some customs made. I figured it wouldn't be a bad investment because if I chose to upgrade my phones in the future they custom tips should be transferrable (as long as I get phones with the same tip size). So I just have a few questions: Is it worth it to get the custom tips? I searched some threads and found that they should cost around $50-100. Also, if I decide to get them I go to an audiologist and have a mold made then send the mold to whom to have them done? Finally, if I send them to a company, will the fact that they are not made specially for the X3s hurt the SQ (in other words, if the tube from the driver to the hole that goes in your ear canal isn't perfectly aligned)? Oh, one more question, If I get the tips done they should fit onto UE or Westone phones if I chose to upgrade in the future right?

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #754 of 1,031
You can get the impressions made and send them to westone to be made. You can check out their website for more details. For the x3, you have to tell them to make it to fit UE iems as they have the same barrel size. Or just mention that you want to use it for the x3. Doubt they have a mold for the x3 though, but you could always try.
Customs for UE won't fit westone or shure as the barrel size is different. IMO, its not worth it for low-end canalphones. The mold itself is a few times the price of the x3.

Firestorm: x3 is way better than the vibe. Nuff said.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #755 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by snozle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The foam tips really make them sound better, I just keep liking these more and more.

Now, I know these are only $57 phones (including shipping) but I really fell in love with the way the foamies fit and was considering going to an audiologist to get some customs made. I figured it wouldn't be a bad investment

Hi!

Before spending big bucks please check this link:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/replacement-earpl...QQcmdZViewItem

on ebay you will find these replacement earbuds for CX300 at a ridiculous price. They fit the CX300, Creative EP630 and the X3.
Their isolation is about 20 to 30 db and they are confortable. Your X3 will never sound the same...

Also on ebay at idealsound you can look for Etymotic ER4 ER6i tips. I have ordered some but not yet received. They are the same except they fit even tighter on the stem of the earbud.

If you like the fit in your year you will never insert anything else.And they enhance the sound of the X3 by isolation and making a very good seal with the ear canal.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:28 AM Post #756 of 1,031
sorry to tell you but i owned the CX300 (bass died), and i tried to fit my CX300 tips on the X3´s, no love, the nozzle on the CX300 is wider then the X3´s, and therefore the tips are loose and therefor provide less isolation and a flat sound,

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #757 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to tell you but i owned the CX300 (bass died), and i tried to fit my CX300 tips on the X3´s, no love, the nozzle on the CX300 is wider then the X3´s, and therefore the tips are loose and therefor provide less isolation and a flat sound,

I had bought a OEM CX300 on ebay. OEM meaning a copy/clone. However the triple flange silicone tips do fit on my X3. It is true they are a bit loose and have tendency to stay in the ear canal. But mine did improve alot compared with the sound quality of the small black tip that came with the X3.

I then installed a pair of Etymotic ER4 triple flange silicone tips. I had to fight with these to enter over the lip of the X3. Now with these I have a very tight seal on the X3, the tip does not stay in the ear canal and they are very confy.

Isolation is very good resulting in better sound. That is my experience.

Presently I am trying another brand of IEM and I realised that correctly sealing the ear canal is the key to sound quality with these IEMs.
It's the day and the night as regard difference in having a correct or not seal with the ear canal.

Aug 10, 2007 at 8:59 AM Post #758 of 1,031
Which one is better for the X3's, UE foamies or Shure foamies?

Aug 10, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #759 of 1,031
I liked the Shure foamies better since they're softer and fit my ears better (small E2s). Again all this is highly subjective.

Aug 10, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #760 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am pretty sure crinkle sound on insertion is a sign of the incoming driver failure. My first pair is crinkle free and still running strong. And it's a default color option. I emailed David at Jaben, should I use some other email for replacement request?

Mine have crinkled since the beginning, although the left no longer crinkles after I changed the tip, the right still does. The left hasn't died yet (knock on wood). I recall others have had crinkles, including Kramer5150, but I don't recall hearing of failures from Kramer5150.

Aug 10, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #761 of 1,031
Fitted my Shure E4 flanges onto the X3s and the sound has improved drastically over the stock tips, in the form of bass and bass impact.

If ever the bass goes away with time, is Jaben willing to replace that?

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:03 PM Post #762 of 1,031
I’ve just received the UE Flange set from Idealsound.

Single flange: As other people already said they make better SQ than the standard sony tips especially on the bass side.
Double flange: I found them hard to fit properly.
Foamies: really give strong and full bass.

Definitely recommended for those who find the X3 lack bass : isolation is the key for a good SQ with the X3 (and probably all IEM)

I was also part of those who found that the bass of my X3 was decreasing with time. Now with the new UE flange, I have the same bass feeling than when I’ve just burned in my X3.
This bass issue might be simply caused by sony tips durability problem!!!!

Would be good if uncle Wilson could you offer the option to order the X3 with the UE flange set.

Aug 11, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #763 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by oli84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fitted my Shure E4 flanges onto the X3s and the sound has improved drastically over the stock tips, in the form of bass and bass impact.

If ever the bass goes away with time, is Jaben willing to replace that?

Well it's not a malfunction of the headphone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back