CrossRoads MylarOne X3, XB, and Classic Owners Club
Jul 18, 2007 at 10:21 PM Post #511 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am saying... Enjoy them while the sound is good. I found that after some use with them, that the bass becomes less and less present, they still sound accurate and have the relatively wide soundstage...but enjoy the bass prescence while it is there. I really initially enjoyed the balance between fun sounding and accurate sounding that these bargain ECH's provided... but it got worse with use... so rather than let them play without listening, just keep listening, I found that the burn in effect did not make them more desirable

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with you. I really wonder why that is?

Jul 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM Post #512 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am saying... Enjoy them while the sound is good. I found that after some use with them, that the bass becomes less and less present, they still sound accurate and have the relatively wide soundstage...but enjoy the bass prescence while it is there. I really initially enjoyed the balance between fun sounding and accurate sounding that these bargain ECH's provided... but it got worse with use... so rather than let them play without listening, just keep listening, I found that the burn in effect did not make them more desirable

Interesting...Although I'm sure the momentary jump down from the Atrios makes a difference for me, I concur with your impressions. I've actually been thinking about picking up a set of XBs to get that bassy-fun sound back.

Bisco82, how would you rate the non-bass frequencies of the Beyer DTX50? Do they exhibit any harshness or sibilance? The X3s' ability to ward off both of those offenders is still one reason I enjoy them. The more earphones I listen to, the rarer that quality becomes.

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #514 of 1,031
So how is the mylarone xb? I'm considering the mylarone x3 and xb. Is the bass a good level or is it overdone like a 5eb? My only IEM was the altec lansing im716 and the bass wasn't really there. I don't want a boomy overpowering bass but I want to be able to atleast hear the notes and catchy riffs of the bass player.
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 4:55 AM Post #515 of 1,031
that sucks...what is the point of buying them if they crap out after a while?...

Jul 19, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #516 of 1,031
Because you can't say they crap out, it's more like the sound matured from being a emo teenager to being an adult. They still sound good and you wouldn't notice unless you had 2 pairs to compare with or just don't listen for a while.

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #518 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting...Although I'm sure the momentary jump down from the Atrios makes a difference for me, I concur with your impressions. I've actually been thinking about picking up a set of XBs to get that bassy-fun sound back.

Bisco82, how would you rate the non-bass frequencies of the Beyer DTX50? Do they exhibit any harshness or sibilance? The X3s' ability to ward off both of those offenders is still one reason I enjoy them. The more earphones I listen to, the rarer that quality becomes.

I would say that the DTX50 is extremely fun sounding, and has good treble, but the mids are not as nice as the X3... they have a totally different signature.. they are EXTREMELy fun sounding... did I mention this? They have very deep bass extension, average (not poor) mids and above average but not world class highs... The bass is also very well defined. If you listen to something that features cymbols, you hear them much more realistically on the x3 than on the dtx50...however I find now overall for the majority of tracks i prefer the dtx50 more and more to the x3. When i first pulled the x3 out of the box and stuck em in my ears, and then quickly toyed with the Beyer's i thought I wouldnt use the beyers as much. The beyer sound sig on the dtx50 takes a bit of adjusting to as it is not quite as clear, a bit darker sounding...but in a good way. Have not tried amping them yet, but they are terrific straight out of a portable... no enemic ipod bass thats for sure

Jul 19, 2007 at 7:57 AM Post #519 of 1,031
llong story short, the DTX 50 will give you bassy fun, and it will give it to you in spades... even more bassy fun than the cx300 and also more clear as well IMO

Jul 19, 2007 at 8:32 AM Post #520 of 1,031
hey all fellow club members !!

i guess i should be posting more often.. i am a mylar x3 owner and i certainly agree with many of you here that these produce sweet sound for under $100. i also prefer these over the vmoda vibes.. but the vibes sound more musical to me. i have no idea what im talking about.. long time headfi lurker - never thought i'd spend this much money on this junk - but still an ear in trainee.

i asked a question about damaged x3 returns a few weeks ago: and uncle willy absolutely deserves his credits - i recieved it in just 4 business days in western canada after the confirmation email was sent. and i was grinning from ear to ear when i saw he sent a new pair of those sexy black ones with silver stripe -- this may make many early mylarers adopters jealous but they are gorgeous.

sddmq0.jpg

my old pair died spontaneoulsy.. i plugged them in on my way to school and couldn't hear anything on the left side. wiggled the wire.. nothing.

now i have share some sad news.. my new pair are broken as well from just 3 days of use.

sdif9.jpg

i had my mylars x3s on.. i was holding on to my archos and running late to catch a bus. i got onboard.. and went to sit down but realized the music stopped. i looked down and cried out loud when i saw my jack split open. the rest of the wire seems fine. and i don't recall clinging onto anything on my way in. perhaps the motion of my arm when running put to much strain on the headphone jack.. ?! im still bewildered...

now im really puzzled.. what should i do next? solder maybe..? my ears are addicted to the x3 sound. i can live with the vibes, but again $60 is a lot of money out of student's thin pockets. and i don't know why, but i feel guilty of asking wilson to send me a second replacement pair within a week apart. seems like im bad of mylarluck.

headfiers advice ?

a mylar frown..

dsfgs4.jpg

Jul 19, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #521 of 1,031
I would guess the running to catch a bus bit had a lot to do with the failure!
wink.gif
The jack is my least favourite part of the X3s, looks pretty flimsy (I feel the same about my ES7s) -give me a good old right angle any day...

I'd assume a resolder would be fine - change the jack to a 90 deg at the same time? I'm no solderer tho, so someone more techier can help here...

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #522 of 1,031
dude take better care of your stuff. you officially belong on team careless-fi. If one doesnt yet exist. you should be president. I hear those apple ibuds are pretty durable... get the Beyers

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #523 of 1,031
I just e-mailed Jaben about what colors are available for the X3. Does anyone know if the iPod line-out dock is available just with the X3s? Whats this I hear about the Crossroads Amp? I did a google search and only this thread came up. Where can I get it? How much is it?

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #524 of 1,031
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just e-mailed Jaben about what colors are available for the X3. Does anyone know if the iPod line-out dock is available just with the X3s? Whats this I hear about the Crossroads Amp? I did a google search and only this thread came up. Where can I get it? How much is it?

mylarx3-4a.jpg

Those are the colors available.
Also, I think if you email him about it, he'll be be able to set up a deal for you and you hit the button at the bottom of the online page and type what he said there.

and to people with the mylarone xb and x3 i have a question:

So how is the mylarone xb? I'm considering the mylarone x3 and xb. Is the bass a good level or is it overdone like a 5eb? My only IEM was the altec lansing im716 and the bass wasn't really there. I don't want a boomy overpowering bass but I want to be able to atleast hear the notes and catchy riffs of the bass player.
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2007 at 5:30 PM Post #525 of 1,031
^^Yeah I saw that on the OPs post, I was just curious if they were all still available and still being produced. I'll prolly just get the black ones because I'm boring.

I am still curious about the amps or whatever. I saw a picture on the Jaben blog of 40 or so multi-colored amps and I'd really like to pick up my first amp at a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back