CrossRoads MylarOne - Two quick questions before buying
Oct 1, 2007 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

OldHooky

100+ Head-Fier
1. What's the difference between the X3 and XB?
2. What is the isolation like? (I'm after something v effective for the train, tube and on flights).

Thanks

Oct 1, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #2 of 12
The X3 is said the mirror the sound signature of triple.fis, clear and airy.
The XB stands for Xtended Base (IIRC), the low end is more emphasied and makes a very good IEM for amplification IMHO.

The tips provided only give decent isolation, nothing fantastic. Some users have recommended using ultimate ears tips for greater isolation. That being said, I think you can get uncle Wilson to throw in a pair of UE bi-flanges for you :)

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 12
Just incase you dont know you can buy them at Jaben.net with free shipping and you pay no customs taxes etc.

People say they dont last that long. This is bollocks, i emailed wilson and he said:

"Based on the quantitys we sell, the return rates are within industry standards. We have just as many returns percentage-wise with other products."

Oct 1, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #5 of 12
my x3 just died on me recently.
had it for about 2 months.
the tips provide decent but not great isolation and the build quality is iffy.
(my right channel died and the right ear piece fell apart and i am always very careful with my stuff)

i used it primary in the subways to and from work. my sony ex71 at least for me had better isolation.

i would return them to jaben.net where i bought them but i didnt enjoy the sound that much to wear the x3's again, the beyers i got as a combo is more fun to listen to imo.

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:01 AM Post #7 of 12
how is jaben's return policy and/or warranty?

i just received my XB this morning, and i'm hoping they won't break that easily on me

Oct 2, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chewynuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The X3 is said the mirror the sound signature of triple.fis, clear and airy.
The XB stands for Xtended Base (IIRC), the low end is more emphasied and makes a very good IEM for amplification IMHO.
:)

What kind of amp do you use with the XB ?

i'm semi interested in improving the sound quality of my earphones as long as it doesnt cost too much. I mainly use my ER6i, XB and DTX50

any good tips for amps?

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #9 of 12
Jaben's return policy and warranty is top notch. He will be happy to replace any faulty sets as long as they are within the warranty period (he does close one eye on this sometimes
tongue.gif
). And will do so immedaitely, you have to pay for shipping though..

I would recommend you try some amps yourself before plonking money down. I suggest the xtra-x1, c&c box or minibox-e as a good place to start.

The mylarones shine when you can achieve a good seal, so I recommend you guys get some ultimate ears silicon tips. I think uncle Wilson would be nice enough to throw a pair in for you :)

Oct 3, 2007 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by chewynuts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaben's return policy and warranty is top notch. He will be happy to replace any faulty sets as long as they are within the warranty period (he does close one eye on this sometimes
tongue.gif
). And will do so immedaitely, you have to pay for shipping though..

I would recommend you try some amps yourself before plonking money down. I suggest the xtra-x1, c&c box or minibox-e as a good place to start.

The mylarones shine when you can achieve a good seal, so I recommend you guys get some ultimate ears silicon tips. I think uncle Wilson would be nice enough to throw a pair in for you :)

I'm interested in getting some XBs myself, and I was wondering how long the warranty lasts for. Also, how would be go about getting some UE tips from Wilson if he doesn't chuck them in for free? I mean, I can't see them on the order page anywhere.

Oct 3, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansize_tissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in getting some XBs myself, and I was wondering how long the warranty lasts for. Also, how would be go about getting some UE tips from Wilson if he doesn't chuck them in for free? I mean, I can't see them on the order page anywhere.

I believe it has been quoted that Uncle Wilson gives a year "warranty" on the crossroads (just contact him within a year of purchase and he will help you out). You can try shifting through the X3/XB owners thread, but I believe that is what has been stated.

I also believe you can put any special instructions in the order, so that's where you would mention the UE biflange tips (along with color, but I ordered mine a while ago when color was no option). Personally, I use orange foam tips from the Shure E2c line (have to stretch the plastic tube with a pencil in order for them to fit the sound tube). They offer excellent comfort and isolation. They do, however, make the X3's stick out a little bit. However, I'm willing to make that sacrifice for these little gems.

Hope that helps.

Oct 4, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #12 of 12
i am using the UE bi flanges with the XB and personally i find it only average when compared to the biflange on my er6i which offers the BEST fit

are there any other biflanges out there that offer better isolation? or is is possible to use ety biflanges on the XB?

btw, just shoot jaben an email prior to purchase to ask about flanges and if you do purchase something, follow up with an email noting what else you wanted. that's what i did.

Top service @ jaben

Users who are viewing this thread

Back