CrossRoads iPod Line-Out Dock???
Dec 13, 2007 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tjumper78

Headphoneus Supremus
i didnt even know i had it but apparently it came with mylarone x3 (back in july or something). i've been using it for the past few days(dock-mini2mini-headsix/pa2v2), and i have no idea how it compares to those expensive docks b/c i've never tested them before.
has anyone used this thing and other docks? any comparisons?

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #4 of 7
There is a really big difference between a line out and the headphone port on an ipod. I found it really varies the sound and a good silver or a copper line out is the way to go. I have listened for a lot of hours and it is really worth the money to get a better line out cord. My two cents worth anyway.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:56 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by tjumper78 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
then whats the point of getting better(more expensive) docks? a lot of un-modded ipod users must be buying those docks for a reason.

I think pretty much all the docks are exactly the same (except for imod ones)

The expensive ones are priced that way because of the cable attached to it (or who makes it)

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think pretty much all the docks are exactly the same (except for imod ones)

The expensive ones are priced that way because of the cable attached to it (or who makes it)

that was my guess. just wanted to ask around if i should just plug-in a nice cable to my crossroads dock or buy a more expensive one.

Dec 15, 2007 at 11:34 PM Post #7 of 7
The thing about having a dock connected to a mini to mini is that there is another connection in between them which may degrade a bit of sound quality.

The soldered together LODs do sound better with better cables because they are soldered on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back