Crossfilter
Jan 5, 2005 at 10:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Langrath

100+ Head-Fier
About 30 years ago I bought a very cheap building kit of a passive crossfilter. Today I have only seen crossfilters combined with amps. Are there any cheap passive crossfilter to buy or build today?

Georg

Jan 5, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 8
There are several DIY crossfeed curcuits available.
Head-fi member PinkFloyd describes an easy to build and cheap simplified Meier crossfeed on his website "RockGrotto", look here. Head-fi sponsor Meier itself sells an adjustable standalone version, very good but not really cheap.
Over at Headwize there are several designs discussed.

Jan 6, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Langrath
Seems interesting. Is there anybody that has listened to them? Any reviews?

Well, I have one
wink.gif
It was really worth the price for me, since I bought it at a time when I had returned to listening to my iPod unamped via the much loved
rolleyes.gif
Apple InEars. The Crossfeed is subtle, but noticable, and it greatly reduces the listening-strain. The Apple InEars actually became much more bearable with it, although I would not say it changes the sonic signature.
I don't know whether I will still use it much since I now got myself a new solution to carry all my Equipment in a more convenient matter, but I always keep it with me in case I want to go unamped. It also makes a nice add-on for sources that need no amp, as the D-250S on my desk.

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
Well, I have one
wink.gif
It was really worth the price for me, since I bought it at a time when I had returned to listening to my iPod unamped via the much loved
rolleyes.gif
Apple InEars. The Crossfeed is subtle, but noticable, and it greatly reduces the listening-strain. The Apple InEars actually became much more bearable with it, although I would not say it changes the sonic signature.
I don't know whether I will still use it much since I now got myself a new solution to carry all my Equipment in a more convenient matter, but I always keep it with me in case I want to go unamped. It also makes a nice add-on for sources that need no amp, as the D-250S on my desk.

I now have decided to buy it. You only live once. I believe in life after this, but perhaps crossfilters are not important there.
biggrin.gif

Thank you for you help.

Georg

Jan 6, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
Do let us know how essential you come to see it as!

icon10.gif
I'd say essential says it all. It's just neat to have it wherever you go, but them I am addicted to crossfeed and unhappy without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back