Crossfade LP Discovery
Dec 15, 2011 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nsx280ps

100+ Head-Fier
So a few weeks ago I scored a pair of Crossfade LP for $79 despite the somewhat negative reviews here, I figure its worth a try for the price.  I burned them in for 50+ hours, and I have not been that impressed with them, the bass is way to heavy, somewhat muddy and very much "in your face".  I put them away since then...

I took them out today just to try them again, and I found out by accident, that if you cover up the 3 vents on each side of the cans (see pic below), they sound so much better.  It lightens the bass quite a bit, its almost like a subwoofer was right in front of your face before, but now its at the corner of the room you're in.  They sound a lot more balanced now without the bloated bass, for some strange reason soundstage is also much improved, and they sound much more airy.  Maybe worth a try for those that have a pair of these.

Now i got to figure out a way to open these up and cover them from the inside, does anyone know what size screw driver Id need?  They look almost like torx screws, but Im not really sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back