Critical Listening : Your favourite tracks for analysis
Oct 9, 2015 at 7:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chry5alis

100+ Head-Fier
No doubt theres a thread already somewhere but lets clear the decks and get some good suggestions rolling -

I'm interested to hear what tracks you go to, to *really put your headphone through its tracks (genuinely - no pun intended).

Not just your favourite tracks or songs you REALLY enjoy, but technically, punchy tracks that race up and down the whole gamut of audio.

I want this thread to become an example of good exercise for burn-in,  because imo its these kind of tracks played repeatedly that will shape and forge your phones into the *nirvana rocking gods of thunder they were always meant to be (yes thats me giving the pinky-finger-thumb sign in the air)

Rock, Classical, Jazz, Electronica, Goa Trance, lets have them all.  I'll begin  5 tracks at a time please

1.  I rediscovered this recently and it kinda inspired this thread

Stone Roses - Love Spreads Around    Lovely punchy intro that eventually settles into a bass-humping delight that keeps tempo

2&3  My go to always (I cant name another Pete Gab track)

Peter Gabriel -  Sledgehammer/Big time  Both again got lots of punch, timing is great and vocals will test inflection like no other

4  Well there simply HAS to be some Bowie

David Bowie - Young Americans   Lots up front but sits back enough to analyse.  Great example of soundstage (word of warning - listen to this on a set of grados GS1000e's and you will feel like you're hanging out of Bowie's pants)

5.  Cliched?  Yes.  But I got here first
L3000.gif

Pink Floyd - Great Gig in the Sky  Born in the UK? in the 70s?  Remember that cigarette advert lol

Dont be shy now, get your suggestions in.  Try not to repeat to keep the thread alive please

Oct 9, 2015 at 8:41 AM Post #2 of 2
Add

1. Steely Dan - I Got the News

2. Ojays - I Love Music to test snare drums and speed.

3. The Who - entire Quadrophenia album

Users who are viewing this thread

Back