Cresyn LXM-630SN vs AT-CK5 vs Sharp MD-33
Jun 25, 2006 at 12:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Gouki

Head-Fier
I have been using my Sharp MD-33 for quite a while now and love it, however the cable was too long and there is no Creative equivalent here in Korea (not that I know of anyway).

To cut a long story short, I needed an around the neck earphones, so I found a great headphone place selling AT-CK5NS. Prices were reasonable but I was very disappointed by its lack of bass. Upon checking this site, I realised that I got the wrong kind of phones for the sort of music I listen to (pop, techno, trance etc).

Went back to the shop and managed to exchange it with the Cresyn LXM-630SN, which is the current model. The bass was much much better, but the mids seemed to be muffled somehow. At high volume, it sounds a little better but it was still nowhere near as good as the Sharp.

Some people have had good experiences with the 630 (they said the mid is its best point!), however I am not getting the same result.

Jun 25, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 19
it all about the fit. take a look here it shows how to mod the noozle so the bass and mid response are better.

Jun 25, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 19
after the mod, you can still use your normal ear selvees... the pic shown is using the UE biflange tips

Jun 25, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #5 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gouki
I don't quite get what the tube is for. Are you suppose to cut a piece of the tube onto the ear sleeve holder and then put the sleeves back on?

something like that... it to enlarge the noozle such that the slevees is fit tighter to the noozle to reduce sound escape

Jun 25, 2006 at 5:48 PM Post #6 of 19
The CK5 is one semi-canal that will always be deficient in bass irregardless of fitting. Believe me, if you want to look for even a half-decent bass respose, the CK5 is NOT the semi-canal you would want to be looking at.

Jun 26, 2006 at 1:52 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Thanks I might try it.

Burned the 630 for a few hours and noticed an improvement which is good news.

yup... E630 box from the box, treble is abit harsh. but after burn in, the whole sound seems more refine. hope u enjoy it...

Jun 26, 2006 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 19
I think for the price it is pretty good for 22,000 won (or 36 SGD?), though I wouldn't mind looking at more expensive alternatives like the higher end ATs or the Senns. MX100.

Jun 26, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

I think for the price it is pretty good for 22,000 won (or 36 SGD?), though I wouldn't mind looking at more expensive alternatives like the higher end ATs or the Senns. MX100.

More expensive alternatives? The AT CK7 comes to mind immediately.

Jun 26, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

The CK7 doesn't lack bass IMO, its bass is clean and punchy, but it doesn't extend very low. To bassheads and the many peeps whom I presume only briefly tried the CK7, the CK7 will sound lean and thin (most likely due to fit). Coming from the EP630 though, you'll definitely be questioning the severe loss of bass quantity on the CK7, the same way I questioned the EP630's overwhelming bass even without EQ.

This is quoted from another forum SGheadphones, this is also quoted from Zephyron.

The CK7 is more of an analytical canalphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back