cresyn coppies?
Sep 14, 2005 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

taran

100+ Head-Fier
i was ebaying for a pair of headphones seeing as my mx550's broke. i just need something for the short term as i will be investing in a pair of e4's soon. well i also need "normal" headphones such as the mx550 so they can be easily taken out when going places where the e4's will not be needed.

but yea i said i was ebaying and i came accross cresyn LMX-E700 coppies. they might be immetations or just a rebrand with a different name.

now the ones i found on ebay were called DICSONG CD5150. im assuming DICSONG are the makers.

this is what they look like
11_1_b.jpg

now im pretty sure they are the same headphones.

firstly, do people think they are?
are they any good?
could they be considered to be near enough like the mx550's?

i got an m3 and cresyn ear buds came with them. i thought they werent too bad but after some high volume music they became flabby. my mx550's didnt have this problem as they were more sensitive. anyone rekon these cresyn coppies will be the same as the cresyn buds that came with my m3.

are there any alternatives for what im looking for or should i just punge to buy another pair of 550's. i know theres those sony e888's out there but for their price i dont think they are worth it for my type of use.

Sep 15, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Cresyn frequently re-badges these phones. The ATH CM series is one example. The ATH CM-5 (a Cresyn phone) can also be found under the logo of the Creative EP-888.

This appears to be the same phone and it wouldn't suprise me if they rebadged them with this manufacturer as well as Creative. If you'd rather avoid ebay and want to know that you're getting an ATH CM-5 for sure, the Creative EP-888 (ATH CM-5) can be found for around $50 even at Cmabridge Audiowroks stores in malls.

These earphones IMHO absolutely destroy any of the plastic Senn earbuds - not even close - completely different worlds. The difference is greater between this phone and the best Senn earphones than it is between senn earbuds and the worst two cent earbud.

If you're after better earbuds, the ATH CM-7ti is much better than the CM-5; it's more money but a great, great, earbud and can stand up to a good source and amp. The ATH buds are great with portables but they do reflect poor sources more readily than the Senns - worse buds tend to mask poor sources better - that's the trade off for allowing you to move up the scale. Take that CM-5 and use a good portable amp with a good MP3 or cd and compare it to the Senn (plug a CM-7ti into a great portable amp and enjoy a treat - some have favorbaly reviewed them in comparison to good IEMs). Of course ear placement (canal size, etc.) has a lot to do with earbuds' sound and the ATH CM-5 has a larger size than the CM-7ti and the Senns.

Hope that helps.

Sep 15, 2005 at 4:03 PM Post #4 of 4
ive had many looks and both cresyn and the one that i showed seem to be the same. the only thing is are the internals the same. ive been seeing $50 or so price tags for the ath-cm5's, but im in the uk so that could be a bit of a problem.

so what your saying is the cm5's will rip the mx550's which are senns top earbuds. are the creative ep888's exactly the same as the cm5's? i tried to look for ep888's but it seems as though they are named as 880's.

but yea if those creative (cm5's) come with creative players dont that mean they aint going to be good.

the funny thing is the ones i see on ebay with the next make and model will easily cost me under £10 and they are comming from hong kong. the cm5's and the creative ones are costing like $50 meaning they would cost like £27. might the ones on ebay be dodgy or something?

seeing as the cm5's are in the price range of the sony e888's, would they both be compareable and which one would be better. ive heard many things about the e888's with the filter removed, however i know the sonys will just destroy themselves seeing as they aint the strongest of earbuds. which one would be better though.

i think the cm7's cost too much for my purpose of use. i just want something good which will be listened to while my future e4's aint in my ears. so far my experience has only been with mx550's.

oh and about an amp. would you need a amp to improve the SQ or to drive them. i will be using an iaudio m3 and i think this should be adequate to power all the headphones mentioned above.

so theres -

ebay next branded ones from hong kong (cm5 lookalikes) £6
cm5 - £27
creative e880's - £25ish
sony e888's - £28ish
senn mx550 - £21

i could either take the risk and go for the ebay ones which means i get the cm5's for cheaaapp, or i could actually buy the cm5's and id know they will be the real deal or i could get sonys but they could be flimsy or i could stick to what i know and just get a pair of mx550's again. hmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back