Crest White Strips
Jan 17, 2007 at 2:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone use them. I'm using them right now. THey had amazing rsults on my brother. He had pretty yellow teeth and now he looks like one of the guys on the box. Anyone els have good results?

Jan 17, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ I wonder why that is so...I mean, at least from your experience.

I think it stuck easier to the top teeth and saliva is mostly on the bottom...

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:02 AM Post #6 of 27
I used them and my teeth are pearly white now. They def do the job w/o the costly dentist bill
biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:40 AM Post #7 of 27
Are there any risks when using these things?

Jan 17, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #8 of 27
I was told by a dentist friend (who is not my dentist and we are quite frank with each other so I didn't feel like he was trying to rip me off) told me that really, the only guaranteed way of doing the whitening thing is just to get them professionally done. This treatment takes 30 minutes or so, maybe a bit longer depending...and it will last 3-5 years. Considering these nightly strips can cost quite a bit and need to be applied repeatedly...for the few hundred bucks it costs to get a dentist to do it...it really does seem like the way to go.

Jan 17, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #9 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was told by a dentist friend (who is not my dentist and we are quite frank with each other so I didn't feel like he was trying to rip me off) told me that really, the only guaranteed way of doing the whitening thing is just to get them professionally done. This treatment takes 30 minutes or so, maybe a bit longer depending...and it will last 3-5 years. Considering these nightly strips can cost quite a bit and need to be applied repeatedly...for the few hundred bucks it costs to get a dentist to do it...it really does seem like the way to go.

Add on the fact that over time the strips can make your teeth overly sensitive, as was my case. I had to stop for a few days about half way through before I could continue.

My results were...not impressive. My teeth were a shade whiter but they also stained much more easily. A couple of months later the effects were gone.

Next time I'm just going to the dentist for whitening.

Jan 17, 2007 at 6:59 AM Post #10 of 27
My friend's dad's a dentist. I don't remember what he said exactly, but it was something about how the stuff kills something on your teeth. I have no idea what I'm talking about. All I remember is that he said it'll turn your teeth yellow later on.

Jan 17, 2007 at 10:44 AM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by surfboardz26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but the enamel grows back. Its not that risky, but can cause sensitivity as your enamel gets thined.

Its nothing Milk can't fix

Wrong. Enamel is one of the types of tissue in the body that can't regenerate. Once its gone its gone. So stay away from those acids kids!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back