Crescent EP3Pro DAC/AMP
Jan 12, 2018 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

davveswe

Head-Fier
Hi!

Anyone tested or heared about the Crescent EP3S/PRO?. S model without amp for phones.

Product Details:
ES9038 core voltage using three filters, analog part of the use of fully symmetrical regulator structure, 8-way ultra low noise LDO
The new user interface, intuitive and simple
Firmware upgrade interface, update the firmware on a regular basis according to community feedback, make this decoding easier to use
2.8 inch 240 * 400 full viewing angle TFT LCD screen, all settings at a glance
ALPS digital volume potentiometer, step accuracy can be set to 0.5dB / step
XMOS U8 core third-generation chip, transmission more stable, USB support PCM format 16-32bit / 44.1-384 kHz; DSD support DSD64, DSD128, DSD256
FPGA programmable logic chip, self-constructed logic functions of digital integrated circuits, clock management and multi-stage PLL digital shaping

Specifications:
Dynamic range:> 123dB
Distortion: <0.001%
Stereo resolution:> 112dB
Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
RCA unbalanced port output amplitude 4.5Vr
XLR balanced port output amplitude 6.3Vrms
Voltage: AC230V or AC115
Line output: RCA output level Single-ended 3.0 Vrms @ 0dBFS, balanced 6.0 Vrms @ 0dBFS
XLR interface definition: American standard
Size: width 280 * deep 200 * high 60MM (not including the protruding part)
Weight: about 3KG

Full interface support DSD hardware solution:
SPDIF, Optical, AES / EBU support DSD64 hard solution (DOP mode);
USB support DSD64, DSD128, DSD256 hardware solution

Input: Input status display, can be set to USB, BNC, RCA coaxial, AES or fiber input in one.

PLL: Phase-locked loop status display, locked when a valid digital signal is locked.

Filter: filter status, when the type of filter used before, there are seven kinds of optional, can be selected in the settings menu.

Dither: Signal jitter switch status, display whether to enable high frequency jitter to enhance the sound quality, can be selected in the setup menu.

Jit-elim: Jitter to eliminate the switch status, display whether to enable Jitter elimination function, can be selected in the settings menu.

De-emp: to increase the switch status, display whether to enable de-emphasis function, you can choose in the settings menu

Output: Output mode, display the current analog signal output mode, can be selected in the set menu only for single-ended output, only the balanced output or all have output.

The audio information display area shows: the current input signal type, sampling rate and sampling depth, note that in some input mode, the output sampling depth information may display inaccurate, which is normal and does not affect the actual sampling depth.

Volume display area: display the current analog output signal strength, in dB (decibels), the maximum adjustable to 0dB, press the multi-function knob can make the decoder directly mute.

Package Included:1 × Finished DAC decoder
HTB1m4ABdKkJL1JjSZFmq6Aw0XXaG.jpg
HTB1yqLuawb.PuJjSZFpq6zuFpXai.jpg

Jul 24, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #2 of 3
Seems to be a nice piece of equipment, but nowhere any information. I only found the same info from the sellers.

And the most important information is missing: how does it sound.

It is a little bit to expensive to buy it blindly.

As we see several firmware updates on the dacs, it is important to have a company behind that is visible and supports it.

May be somebody can give some more info.

Would be nice

Oct 25, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #3 of 3
In the meantime I received my ep3pro.

My first impression is very good.
Clear, detailed and no noise or distortion with my Stax SRM-007t/SR-007

At the moment it is running as a usb-dac for my music server.

Im still wondering why there is nearly no information about it.

It was delivered without any drivers.
At the moment windows reports a missing driver for "Yunyue Audio DFU" when is DAC is connected.

There seems to be an infrared/remote control option, but is was delivered without a remote control unit.
If somebody knows the remote control codes I would be happy to see some info

There are no heat problems. The unit runs with normal temperatures using 10W after the initial warmup time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back