Creek amp + HD650 / 325i = ?
Dec 24, 2005 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Roasty

Headphoneus Supremus
looking to buy a new amplifier.. how does the creek OBH-21/21SE hold up against the others like the SR-71/Hornet/Headamp AE-1? reason i'm asking is because the Creek is readliy available in the shops here whereas the others i've mentioned i need to order from the US and wait for shipping etc etc..

will be looking to pair the new amp with my HD650 whilst keeping my 325i plugged into my little dot ii amp.

Dec 24, 2005 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 6
Ive got a german test

http://stereoplay.de/sixcms/media.ph...oererVerst.pdf

of two greek headphone amps. they where tested with a rs 1 form grado, a hd 650 from senn and something from philips.

well... dont know if you speak german (i dont suppose so) but you can watch the pictures of frequence diagrams if you want.

the test said, those creek amps drive both cans very well.

Dec 25, 2005 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 6
wish i could read german
rolleyes.gif

is it just me or do not a lot of people here use creek amps? seems most people are goinging in the ray samuel, headamp, DIY, rega etc etc direction. any reason in particular?

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 6
I really need to know about this also. I just recieved the OBH-21SE as a Christmas present (like just now), and the fact that i havnt read anything about it sort of scared my dad a little...so both him and I are curious about this. I have not listened to it yet, and will do so about 7 tonight with an audigy 2 zs and a source (i asked for a dac but whatever) and my HF-1's for the cans.

But if anybody has this amp please post some impressions!!!!!!!

Cheers

Dec 25, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheReds
I really need to know about this also. I just recieved the OBH-21SE as a Christmas present (like just now), and the fact that i havnt read anything about it sort of scared my dad a little...so both him and I are curious about this. I have not listened to it yet, and will do so about 7 tonight with an audigy 2 zs and a source (i asked for a dac but whatever) and my HF-1's for the cans.

But if anybody has this amp please post some impressions!!!!!!!

Cheers

IMHO, the Creek is a smooth-sounding amp that suits Grado cans well, but of course you should let your own ears be the judge. After all, you already bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back