Creativity vs Intelligence
Jul 31, 2016 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
A while ago, I heard someone on a YouTube video saying that creativity is more important than intelligence. After thinking about it, I think I may agree and choose creativity. Of course, intelligence in crucial too and you need intelligence for creative ideas to fly.

We need intelligent people other wise, things will be a disaster but creativity is the root of progress and inspiration. After that, intelligence comes in and nurtures the creativity and helps it grow.

But you could also argue, intelligence inspires creativity so maybe intelligence is the fundamental of creativity. Whatever it is, I still choose creativity first.

Aug 1, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #3 of 11
  Different facets of the same die (dice is plural).

Agree (but didn't require the spelling lesson.) 
wink_face.gif
 There is no creativity without intelligence, and vice versa.

Aug 2, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #6 of 11
Logic will take you from A to B - Imagination will take you EVERYWHERE.
(Albert Einstein)

Aug 2, 2016 at 12:40 PM Post #8 of 11
Creativity is a form of intuitive intelligence.

I'm insanely creative and ruthlessly intelligent in some respects, but totally clueless when it comes to advanced mathematics or certain technical things. However, this has more to do with a lack of knowledge than actual intelligence.

The distinction between knowledge and intelligence is an important one. Intelligence is "the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills" whereas knowledge is "facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject" or "awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation".

In a sense, you could think of knowledge as software and intelligence as hardware. Both can be optimized and upgraded.

On a related note, IQ is not intelligence. For example, supercomputers have IQ in the thousands, but no real intelligence.

Aug 3, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #9 of 11
My brain smarts.........    
blink.gif

I'm so bright, my mother calls me sun........    
L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back