Creative's X-Fi
Aug 6, 2005 at 2:47 PM Post #16 of 28
Gladly enough, I don't have to break the nda, 'cause you can find the prices over here already on the web.
smily_headphones1.gif
Well, you could.
confused.gif
*searching* Ok, you still can - try googling for "x-fi" with "site:www.alternate.de".
biggrin.gif

Grettings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: Google cache is your friend!
wink.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 4:33 PM Post #18 of 28
I guess the prices and the lineup could be something like...

X-Fi Elite Pro
€ 362,-

X-Fi Platinum
€ 206,-

X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition
€ 258,-

X-Fi Extreme Musik
€ 134,-

Google cache IS my friend
icon10.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by sgrossklass
What - no more 3 meter long product names?!
tongue.gif

no.. not yet - they're preparing enough free space on the box for the next few years of rereleases under various names you know
tongue.gif

Aug 6, 2005 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
There's no reason Creative cant give us the answer to all our prayers soundcard now. The technology is there, and they know what we hate about their products and what we love. They're just stringing everyone along, making as many substandard products as possible to keep people upgrading every few years before they *have* to release the hear-all end-all soundcard. If I were a giant corporation, I know I'd be inclined to do so. I'm sure there will be something wrong with this soundcard that will keep audiophiles buying more.

Seconded. It seems a little ridiculous that many people are going with a combination of Audigy/0404, when both cards are made by the SAME MANUFACTURER that quite blatantly has the ability to combine the best of both cards into one product that we would have no problems buying and recommending. Still, if the X-Fi is going to have a 44.1 native mode, I'll be looking into it.

Aug 6, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon
Seconded. It seems a little ridiculous that many people are going with a combination of Audigy/0404, when both cards are made by the SAME MANUFACTURER that quite blatantly has the ability to combine the best of both cards into one product that we would have no problems buying and recommending. Still, if the X-Fi is going to have a 44.1 native mode, I'll be looking into it.

Keep in mind the 0404 was made as an entry-level prosumer recording card, not a multimedia device.

Aug 7, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Predator88
In the recent pcworld mag there was an add saying xifi on the 21st. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Saw that as well. Also saw the early Sept. date in their preview. Which is it people!? I need this card.

Aug 7, 2005 at 7:33 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kameleon

They did release such a card,the Audigy 4 Pro...it combines gaming processing features of audigy 2 with high quality DAC,like on 1212m or something I dont know exactly wich..It still resamples though,and it only sells as external card,wich makes it unnecessary expansive.The x-fi,however is supposed to be something comletely new,in terms of gaming hardware,a whole step above audigy2/audigy4,hopefully the raw sound quality of it will also be top notch,and the price not too high.I'll get one for sure as long as its below $300,regardless of whether it supports 44.1 native or it doesnt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Distroyed
They're just stringing everyone along, making as many substandard products as possible to keep people upgrading every few years before they *have* to release the hear-all end-all soundcard.

What hear all end all soundcard are u talking about?Theres no such thing,and cant be.Is there hear all end all mouse?Or CPU?Or videocard?Do such things stop improving after reaching some sort of "ideal" state?Even CD players evolve over time,what costed $10,000 10 years ago is now outclassed by $2000 models,or so I've read.

Aug 8, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by breadnbutter
I guess the prices and the lineup could be something like...

X-Fi Elite Pro
€ 362,-

X-Fi Platinum
€ 206,-

X-Fi Fatal1ty Edition
€ 258,-

X-Fi Extreme Musik
€ 134,-

Google cache IS my friend
icon10.gif

http://www.creative.com/press/releas....asp?pid=12163

Pricing and Availability
The Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, priced at US$399.99, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS, priced at US$279.99, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum, priced at US$199.99 and the Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, priced at US$129.99, will be available this month at major retail outlets.

Started a new Subject *Creative Introduces Sound Blaster X-Fi.

jiitee

Aug 11, 2005 at 11:45 AM Post #26 of 28
This posts sure got going. I bought an e-mu 0404 the other day and its the best £70 ive ever spent. I guess I can't add to all your x-fi comments seeing as you've mentioned all about the specs, the prices and functions. Looks promising though..my 0404 is my perfect match for me, for now anyway. If the x-fi range is supposed to replace the audigy 2 series of cards then Im still thinking its more of a gaming card as opposed to a music one since the audigys were primarily for gaming/dvds. Music is my first priority
smily_headphones1.gif

X-fi extreme music, Im wondering if thats just going to be as good as todays professional line of music soundcards but still encorporating the best and newiest gaming/dvd performance. Thatd be nice I suppose since my 0404 doesnt work with games as it doesn't support direct3d and eax.

Aug 11, 2005 at 2:38 PM Post #27 of 28
Look at the amount of capacitors on the Xtreme Music card ! Those must be around 3/4th of the Onkyo.
All the cards look pretty similiar except the highest one thats got something on its top-right corner.

Aug 11, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #28 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
(...) All the cards look pretty similiar except the highest one thats got something on its top-right corner.

You've spotted the most important high-end feature right away - that's the blingbling lights!
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back