Creative ZxR + DT 880 pro 250 ohm
Dec 4, 2014 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hazoR

New Head-Fier
Good morning and hello to all in this fantastic community.
I've been around a week to read all the posts wich suggest the best option for competitive FPS gaming.
I bought a pair of DT 880 pro 250 ohm and i'm trying to playing and listen music with my Recon3D Pci-e but i'm not satisfied at all.
In the all posts i've seen there isn't a detailed configuration for really competitive fps games.
I would like to listen in those headphone the best sound stage, directional audio, pinpointing and soundimagine they can give to me.
I've read about ZxR is a good soundcard to drive them, but i'm gonna ask to the "pros" of this community wich is the best setup exclusively for FPS Competitive for DT880.
I don't like the surround sound is making the Recon3D seems so "fully" and have not the precise sound i would like to have.
Before this headset i had a Turtle Beach 5.1 Z6A and they were really good in terms of soundstage and imagine but i suppose i can give really better of all of them with my DT 880.
My budget is aroud 250+ -, i hope u can help me because i didn't find a real solution in all of your posts.
My target is the competitive fps gaming at first. i wanna listen where the enemy really is like my z6a barely did that.
Now choice should be ZxR but i want to be sure at 100% so i'm asking to all of you.
Thanks in advice.
cy@ hazoR

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #2 of 4
Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the add-on sound card.

Sound Blaster ZxR is one option.
Should improve the audio quality of the DT880s
The Recon3D and SB-ZxR both use the same SoundCore3D.
But the SB-ZxR comes with a way better DAC and better headphone amplifier.
And I believe the SBX Headphone surround sound that comes with the SB-ZxR is at least a little better then the Recon3D (THX?) software.

Dec 4, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 4
yes i disabled my onboard audio, anyway it is hard to match the spot where a player really is, seems so casual and so big.

what do u suggest to me? Is ZxR the best choice for competitive FPS gaming purpose?

Dec 4, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #4 of 4
I've looked about the x fi titanium hd and it has the cmss 3d.
I've listened the difference and it's obvious the better is cmss 3d for clarity, soundstage and directional sound.
now the zxr has got the same sound of recon3d and i think that SBX(THX) is **** against the CMSS 3D of Titanium HD
If i'm wrong just tell me.

And there is a good choice of AMP for the titanium?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back